XS Pro Exquisite Forend Issue

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear it's sorted. It would be a good idea to rub some boiled linseed oil on the inside of the forend as it has not been oiled at the factory and the wood is very dry and unprotected.
First thing I did with mine was to seal it, can never understand why the manufacturers leave them like that

Glad to hear it's sorted. It would be a good idea to rub some boiled linseed oil on the inside of the forend as it has not been oiled at the factory and the wood is very dry and unprotected.
I did notice that it was ‘raw’ finish internally. I’m going to apply some walnut oil when it gets delivered.

If you remove the stock that will also be unfinished where it covers the action. The end of the butt will be unfinished too.

The build quality on new Browning guns is absolutely shocking John Moses must be turning in his grave but that is a nice looking gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's usually cheese paring by the accountants that results in these little annoyances. Almost certainly that's what led to the fiascos with Beretta quality control a few years ago. I'm amazed anyone's still buying Beretta - but apparently they do. 

Brownings aren't so much badly built, but they're certainly not as well finished as they used to be. What the accountants don't get is that lack of attention to these things may save a few pennies in the short term but risks the loss of customers permanently to other brands such as CG who don't expect the customer to do their own finishing off.

It's usually cheese paring by the accountants that results in these little annoyances. Almost certainly that's what led to the fiascos with Beretta quality control a few years ago. I'm amazed anyone's still buying Beretta - but apparently they do. 

Brownings aren't so much badly built, but they're certainly not as well finished as they used to be. What the accountants don't get is that lack of attention to these things may save a few pennies in the short term but risks the loss of customers permanently to other brands such as CG who don't expect the customer to do their own finishing off.
Westward, I reckon you must be hankering for sponsorship from CG, you never miss an opportunity to put down Beretta and claim CG’s are perfect. So for the record I have shot Beretta for over 30 years never had any problems and no I’m not sponsored by anyone 

We all have own opinions so for me it would be Beretta, Miroku, Perazzi and CG coming in 4th place

Last edited by a moderator:
I've owned 3 Berettas, 2 from new. I actually got a splinter in my finger from the forend wood on the last one. It wasn't just not treated inside, it hadn't even been deburred! But in fairness in never broke down; I'll say that much for it.

Latest posts

Back