Top marks to Thames Valley

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzrat

I sent my renewal off to Thames Valley 2 weeks ago, got a call from our firearms officer yesterday about checking serial numbers and cabinet. He was in the area this morning so said could he pop in for 10 mins. No problem!

Came round had a quick look at the cabinet, serial numbers and moaned about shell prices (he shoots a 20 bore a 12 and a 16 bore!) Thanks very much, it will be with you in a couple of weeks, see you in 5 years :)

Only small problem was a gun I had part exchanged with a dealer was still recorded as mine. It was from a dealer that does the full works for you, fill in all the paperwork at point of sale and they send it off for you. Nice and easy. Lesson learnt, belt and braces I will send my own transfer as well in future :)

Thames Valley are brilliant...! Very very helpful.

They have always looked after me well, because my date is always during the main competition time when i am abroad. Last time they kindly sorted the renewal 2 weeks before the old one expired and i took the two versions away with me in case of a stop because of the short time left.

They are brilliant.

Yep, I got my renewal in as soon as the reminder hit the mat because of some of the horror stories posted on here, 4 or 5 month waits and they say 60 working days. Mine doesnt even run out til mid October!

Mines out 23/10 and I got the reminder about the beginning of July and sent it on the 10th :)

WOW! Sent renewal forms 10/7, new certificate landed on the mat yesterday (1/8) that's some service for £40 :D

Brilliant service in Thames Valley.....true story..........!!!

My FEO said when the renewal comes, do it straight away , and they will near on gtee to have the renewal back by the expiry date

Mart

I usually get mine 3 months before the old one expires, the last time there was a bit of arranging a time and date but then I was sent to work in Ireland for a few days so it had to be re-arranged to a new date, after agreeing to what I thought was a new time and date he never showed up so a quick phone call later and a new t & d was made and all went well.  I went shooting on what was effectively the last day of my SGC (a Saturday) and when I got home the new one was on the mat - talk about cutting it fine.

What did concern me though was also on my cert was my Dad's old single barrel which he had taken away with him to be destroyed (the FAO) he didn't seem to have let his office know that I no longer had it.  When I let them know about my current gun I filled another form in explaining he had taken it away and it was no longer in my possession, so I just hope in 3 yrs time they won't want to know where it is as I cannot find the receipt he gave me for it.  Phew

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back