Top Gun Shooting Glasses

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertBeard

For those on a budget Philip and I picked up a set of these each yesterday from Ian Coleys at £45 per set.

You get a pocket which contains 5 pairs of polycarbonate UV protection shooting glasses in Yellow, Orange/Red, Purple/Lilac, Grey, and Dark all in their own individual coloured cleaning bags.

The purple/lilac was very effective at picking out the orange clays from the green background.

No messing about trying to change lenses between frames etc

Obviously will only suit those who don't need a prescription built into their shooting glasses. 

They are in the online shop under eye protection.

Thanks for the info Robert. I need some shooting glasses in different shades and although I have seen the ads for HiDef and others the prices are way more than I really want to pay and to be honest I am not that good a shooter. I have been looking for a good pair second hand but they don't come up that often and when they do they are still a daft price. I also saw some Napier shooting glasses at a more affordable price so they were in my mind too. I think if somebody could say these glasses will add three targets to your score then I would consider them but I reckon with a bit of extra practice I could do that and then think about buying them to get the perhaps one target they may get you after that. Cue someone saying I am looking at this the wrong way ! :)

Thanks for the info Robert. I need some shooting glasses in different shades and although I have seen the ads for HiDef and others the prices are way more than I really want to pay and to be honest I am not that good a shooter. I have been looking for a good pair second hand but they don't come up that often and when they do they are still a daft price. I also saw some Napier shooting glasses at a more affordable price so they were in my mind too. I think if somebody could say these glasses will add three targets to your score then I would consider them but I reckon with a bit of extra practice I could do that and then think about buying them to get the perhaps one target they may get you after that. Cue someone saying I am looking at this the wrong way ! :)
John, you really don't need to spend stupid money on shooting glasses mate! OK Hi Def/Pilla are great specs I guess, but there are other good ones out there that cost a lot less. Randolph, Decot and Straub all make great specs and they cost a lot less than some of those silly priced ones!

Hi Les How much for a pair of second hand Randolf XLW with four sets of lenses ? Might have a chance of a pair.

Hi Les How much for a pair of second hand Randolf XLW with four sets of lenses ? Might have a chance of a pair.
Sorry John I've got no idea mate, may be worth looking on e bay.I have straub high scorers the are about £145 brand new with 3 lenses but you can get extra ones though. I've had them for years,they are made in Australia and you can get them from Chris potter in Kent. The net is the best place to find randolph,some USA sites do them for about $150 as far as I can remember.

Ranger XLW were around £240 new.  Spare lenses, depending on what they are £40.

So £150 would be fair I think, maybe less...make a silly offer :)  Can only say "Non", and smash a bottle in your face

Last edited by a moderator:
Back