Thames Valley Police - Renewals

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonSkeet2

Hi All,

My cert is due for renewal in April and was wondering how quickly they are processing renewals.

From what I have heard submitting it in January wouldn't be a bad idea in order to get it done before it expires.

Any advice appreciated :)

Cheers,

Jon.

Each area seems to have different lead times. Some good, some bad, but get your renewal in as soon as you possibly can, then there should be no excuse for tardiness. Leave it late and you may encounter problems.

The new forms are in action now as far as I'm aware, so this should make the process more streamlined.

Rememeber to not send in your current certificate with your application. You will need this until your new one arrives.  :biggrin:

Mine was Thames Valley. About 10 days after sending it in they were trying to come and see me. 6 days between inspection and certificate arriving.

Mine was Thames Valley. About 10 days after sending it in they were trying to come and see me. 6 days between inspection and certificate arriving.
Wow! My last renewal (2012) took a full 4 months from renewal notice received to certificate delivery.

My cheque was cashed within a week of sending in the application and from there I waited 3 months until contact from the FLO for my inspection. A phone call was required 2 weeks before the old certificate ran out, and then suprisingly, it was sent out to me. In my cynical way I suspect it had sat on someones desk until I drew attention to it.

Hopefully things have changed since then. This was from Devon & Cornwall Contabulary.  :biggrin:  

Thames Valley are the very best to deal with. Never had any problems.

If you want to be safe just ring them and ask them the question.....because...everyone on here is just guessing...our like me ...saying their experience....neither of which will be up to date.

Suffice to say that they are brilliant at the way they deal with people. xx

True story.....!

I think TVP is the largest licensing authority area and have insufficient staff.

They have managed to lose two EFPs I sent in for additional guns to be added, and denied receiving them. Then sent me duplicates, with the originals being sent to me months later. So much for their denials.

I now take the EFPs to Oxford and hand them in personally, they've also completed them whilst I wait so not all bad. Next renewal in 2015 so hope they've got their act together by then.

I think TVP is the largest licensing authority area and have insufficient staff.

They have managed to lose two EFPs I sent in for additional guns to be added, and denied receiving them. Then sent me duplicates, with the originals being sent to me months later. So much for their denials.

I now take the EFPs to Oxford and hand them in personally, they've also completed them whilst I wait so not all bad. Next renewal in 2015 so hope they've got their act together by then.
Ba humbug Phillipe ......dont post after putting the tree up (just seen on FB ) :wink: .... Need a gin?

Oxford are great at EFP while you wait and have helped me out before when i forgot to add the gun i was taking....ooops!

As for renewals my last one was done ages before it ran out.

Send you stuff registered post...and you will be really unlucky if it gets lost...but I suppose it can happen :wink:

Had they not heard of your magnificence...thought it would have come back to you on a silver platter delivered by chauffeur  ...just saying

Good to see you read my post Nic, but I think you were reading it through the bottom of your gin glass.

TVP denied receiving my EFPs despite being sent registered to them. Their internal system for dealing with incoming mail failed them twice.

That's how I eventually received a duplicate and then the original that I'd sent in months afterwards again twice.

Didn't receive the courtesy of a reply when I wrote pointing out their shortcomings, but perhaps they didn't receive that either. .

I've never had issues with TVP - both my original cert and my EFP were handled quickly and efficiently.

Jon - I'd give Steve (King?) a ring, our FAO - he'd be able to give you the answer.... I don't have his number to hand, but will ping it over when I get back to my desk, where I have his number.

Good to see you read my post Nic, but I think you were reading it through the bottom of your gin glass.

TVP denied receiving my EFPs despite being sent registered to them. Their internal system for dealing with incoming mail failed them twice.

That's how I eventually received a duplicate and then the original that I'd sent in months afterwards again twice.

Didn't receive the courtesy of a reply when I wrote pointing out their shortcomings, but perhaps they didn't receive that either. .
I read it with my soda. You must be very unlucky....poor thing.

Most get great service from them....true story :wink:

I sent a sale & purchase update in sept normal mail and wanted to check they had received it. Got an email address and they replied within the hour saying not received but Records updated. I was impressed with that. Normally you dont get any verification back do you?

I sent a sale & purchase update in sept normal mail and wanted to check they had received it. Got an email address and they replied within the hour saying not received but Records updated. I was impressed with that. Normally you dont get any verification back do you?
No confirmation if you send by post. I emailed a sale and purchase letter as an attachment last week and received an automated 'out of office' reply which was indicated as official notification of receipt. A day or so later I received a proper reply. It looks like TVP is improving their customer service.

Thames Valley has always had great customer service. Never had any problem with them.

Bwwaaaaaaaaaaah :wink:

I have always had great service.....true story....just saying....!

(Ninja mode...... I did have a little word with them about...........Ooooh no...that would be telling... hahaha)

Latest posts

Back