SWSG Friday 100 Sporting Competition

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldfarmer

‘Friday 100 Competition’

Hi Everyone,

It is 26 years since Pauline and I started South Worcester Shooting Ground and in that time I have been happy to run the ground as a practice and tuition ground – and very successful it has been.

Some of you more competitive shooters may know Becky Sealey, an ex England team member, who has been helping me run the ground for the past couple of years. We have decided to run a series of 100 Bird Friday sporting competitions, starting on April 5th and culminating in a Grand Final on October 25th.

The high gun from each Friday qualifier will go forward to a free entry in the Grand Final.

We have kept the cost of entry low at £34.00, of which £3.00 will go into the prize fund to be divided between the top 3 places at the Grand Final. To keep it simple, for this first year, there will only be one class with 50% to the high gun, 30% to second and 20% for 3rd place. If the competition is successful we will look at including more classes in future years.

There will be 29 qualifying shoots, so you can see that even if we only get 25 entries to each qualifier the prize fund will be £2175.00, with high gun taking over £1000.00

We will be allowing plastic wad cartridges.

If you would like more information you can contact Becky on 07715707532 or [email protected]

John Clements.

South Worcester Shooting Ground

www.swsg.co.uk

Hi John,

Becky is a great shot and a nice lady.

Good luck I hope you have great success with this series.

‘Friday 100 Competition’

Hi Everyone,

It is 26 years since Pauline and I started South Worcester Shooting Ground and in that time I have been happy to run the ground as a practice and tuition ground – and very successful it has been.

Some of you more competitive shooters may know Becky Sealey, an ex England team member, who has been helping me run the ground for the past couple of years. We have decided to run a series of 100 Bird Friday sporting competitions, starting on April 5th and culminating in a Grand Final on October 25th.

The high gun from each Friday qualifier will go forward to a free entry in the Grand Final.

We have kept the cost of entry low at £34.00, of which £3.00 will go into the prize fund to be divided between the top 3 places at the Grand Final. To keep it simple, for this first year, there will only be one class with 50% to the high gun, 30% to second and 20% for 3rd place. If the competition is successful we will look at including more classes in future years.

There will be 29 qualifying shoots, so you can see that even if we only get 25 entries to each qualifier the prize fund will be £2175.00, with high gun taking over £1000.00

We will be allowing plastic wad cartridges.

If you would like more information you can contact Becky on 07715707532 or [email protected]

John Clements.

South Worcester Shooting Ground

www.swsg.co.uk

Hi John, I’m not one for picking holes, nor am I one for not having a go... however if you’re not putting this series into classes all I’ll be doing if I entre is funding the triple “A” or double “A” prize fund, keeping it simple as you say is only severing to keep people away, therefore you can count this humble “C” class shooter out of this series.  

So as a C Class shooter.....your eyes are already on shooting for money.....??

Rather than shooting many varied types of shooting grounds......and building up different target skills for the memory banks...??

Can I possibly suggest that you don't think of the money just yet. Best to just get on and learn the sport :smile:

I agree Nicola. (Wow).

Trouble is, the present system of class shooting promotes lower class wins, so that is what everybody expects now. C class can be a career!

Personally, I agree with incentivising and rewarding beginners, but to a reasonable extent. Personally, I do feel it is wrong where, for example, I could hit 86 and get nothing or £20 for a lower place, while a C class shot might win £150 for his 73.

Many views on this and this could become a 20 page thread.. But I would advocate class wins, but slightly lower pot for lower classes, to at least give things a perspective and recognise that higher class shots have put a lot into getting up there.

But, as the original poster will find out, to make a shoot work financially, you may have to just do what the clients want, rather than what seems morally right.

:haha:  Career advisor

Just ask if you need any help! :rabbi:

But some people will never get out of C class,no matter how much time and money they put into it. So does that mean because they aren't capable of being at the top,they aren't worthy of competing for a pot in their respective category? Ridiculous.

They pay the same entry fee as everyone else! That's what the classification system is about.....shooting against people of a similar standard.

But some people will never get out of C class,no matter how much time and money they put into it. So does that mean because they aren't capable of being at the top,they aren't worthy of competing for a pot in their respective category? Ridiculous.

They pay the same entry fee as everyone else! That's what the classification system is about.....shooting against people of a similar standard.
Think about it logically. Everybody pays the same entry fee (assuming comp entry). So, does that entitle everybody to a return? Just give them all the £5 back then. It is all about being better than the other entrants, otherwise it isn't a competition. C class competitors who shoot regularly are not disadvantaged to AA shots who shoot as many cartridges per year, so why reward failure?
In reality, C class shots are either fairly new to it, or cannot find the time and money to shoot often. Fair enough, they should have a chance to compete with similar folk, but it just seems wrong that they can do BETTER out of it financially than those in higher classes shooting much higher score. Is any other sport set up like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
It entitles everyone who excels in their category a reward,yes.

So everyone that shoots,given the correct dedication,can be a AA shot? Come on 'Clever'.

An example. You have been shooting 5+ years and are in A class,so it's fair to say you've spent far more than I,that has been shooting 18months and is in the same category as you. So if I win,should I get less,because I have invested less?

Reward failure......everyone who shoots in C class is a failure to their sport. Come on man,it's about being better than the other entrants that are a similar standard to you......if that's what you're shooting for. Personally,I want to shoot well for me and my goals,not for money.

If they should receive a lower pot,they should pay a lower entry fee.

There are so many angles from which you can view it.

For certain though, if I go into a running race with Usain Bolt and come tenth, I wouldn't be saying, 'well, I'm old fat and lazy, but surely you can factor that in and give me a prize anyway?'

Like you, I don't do it for money (in fact when I started I couldn't believe there were prizes), but it does seem a unique sport in the way it hands it back.

Can't do away with the C class pot,if we do i won't have a career,no job,won't be able to pay the mortgage :hunter:

No just got to work out when to start putting the 62 scores in,even easier now the CPSA do the running averages for me.Probably be about mid April unless the average creeps to high. :money:

I think it does not matter what Class you are in...if we are all payin 38 quid or whatever to enter a reg shoot and its classed then its got too be the same prize funds in each class, I think we should also remember that B/C class shooters make up the biggest percentage of most reg shoots so take all these away and see what money pot would be then for AA and top gun ! Dont take that the wrong way all you top shots out there but you know im right:) as for myelf im trying like hell to get in A class and chase the likes of cleversc3 and others that I know and respect as clay shots, yep im winning in B class at the moment and I think I should get the same for 1st in B as someone in A class...or AA...but if I go up to A class I will love trying too stay in there and maybe even nick some winnings now and then...have a good shoot tomorrow whatever class your in ;)

For certain though, if I go into a running race with Usain Bolt and come tenth, I wouldn't be saying, 'well, I'm old fat and lazy, but surely you can factor that in and give me a prize anyway?'

/quote]

Even if you were dedicated,you'd never be competitive against him.....even if you trained exactly the same as he does. So you'd enter a competition with people of the same standard.....rather than not compete because you're a failure at your sport. We all have limits to our abilities,no matter what the sport......doesn't make you failure that should be penalised.

You shooting Southdown tmoro?

Latest posts

Back