Shotgun certificate referee

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the OP hasn't been on here since Saturday after posting the question Friday, so will have read some of the comments to his questions ?

Out of interest, are your referees required to sign for their acceptance of referee-ship? Over here we are required to re-state your 3 referee's details on any modification of permits (extension, additions, renewals) but at no time is the referee required to actually sign anything or provide an intimate detail such as passport or driver's licence number.

As frequency of outreach to referees is low, one wonders. I know of a club where a chap just jotted down the details of a board member, which were helpfully online, because "that's what the secretary/president/barmaid are supposed to do for members". Stupid decisions have stupid consequences fortunately, but for all I know there could be chumps putting up whomever's details and never get found out.       
Certainly for mine it was just a phone call. They did take addresses, contact details such as emails for work and everything like that. I'm not sure how much of a background search is done on the referee but with that info they should be able to at least prove its not just you putting on a funny voice!

A name and address, you will be supprised what the Police can find out from just that

Been a ref quite a few times, never been contacted. No issues if they did ever decide to contact me though, so not my concern. The OP seems to have gone anyway 🙄 

Back