Shooting no birds

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoR

Watched a pair of SIM targets from behind the previous shooter, step into the stand prepare to shoot, call for the pair one target came as expected but the second target was completely different from shown pair. I shot the first target and attempted to shoot the second,turned to the ref and asked if the second bird was no bird , he agrees and I have to shoot the pair again nothing established. My mate says because I attempted to shoot both targets I've accepted the pair and it's target lost. My interpretation of the rules is as it's a SIM pair shoot at what's presented and let the ref decide if it were a on report pair I think it's different.

So who can clarify the rules for me

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

So Ref does not call no bird and if you fail to shoot at them and then claim a no bird with which he disagrees then you've lost both targets.  At least you got one of the two in case he decides that they were fine or you accepted them because you shot at them.  Don't know the right answer but I reckon I'd have done what you did.  Perhaps your mate was just winding you up - hope you beat him over the course 'cos he could have been more supportive!

They were a fast pair Robert and not really chance for ref to call no bird before I shot

www.proshock.co.uk

The way I see it you have to take the shot and ask the question, just as you did and the reason I think this is I don't expect every bird to be the same but near enough if you hit there's no question to be asked if they're not shootable because of presentation something needs to be adjusted!

I had it today 2 birds on report one R-L fast, second straight away from the side of me fast away through some trees, on my first pair the one form the side the trap had moved meaning the clays didn't go through the trees it smashed into the first tree I took the shot didn't reload and told the trapper they're not shootable, she looked puzzled but what was i supposed to do just shoot at thin air! 

you did the right thing,if the ref disagreed you would still have the hit from the dodgy pair.Good to see you ,ill give them shells a go in the week thanks. 

Nice one Paul how did you get on in the white gold?

www.proshock.co.uk

Back