Semi Auto

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldabt

Have been having some difficulty with Master eye shifting during a round and tried a spot on the glasses, the left thumb sticking out a bit proved to be the easiest to live with although not totally satisfactory.

And then a friend lent me his semi auto at a 'straw bale' recently and I am amazed that with the single barrel all previous master eye problems were gone.

Only problem now is that the Semi Auto is frowned upon at Trap so I suppose its Skeet and Sporting only for me from now on.

if all the people with master eye issues moved to the semi auto then there would be safety in numbers and the trapfields would be littered with spent shells. ..

I'm a bit confused.com, cant understand how an auto clears an eye issue!

Derailed Thread has careered into the Cocktail Lounge and devastated it.... '&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

:)

OP.

Have you considered possible difference in Comb height...the Semi being higher maybe, which allows your dominant eye a better view of the target?

Beretta UGB then,comes in trap fires shells out the bottom.

Find one clean it properly and it will be fine,

:fie:  What the hell happened, did I dream a thread about stuff I don't like :fie:

:fie:  What the hell happened, did I dream a thread about stuff I don't like :fie:
Half the forum is about stuff you don't like Ian!!!!! But we do agree on some of it though. :laugh:

OP.

Have you considered possible difference in Comb height...the Semi being higher maybe, which allows your dominant eye a better view of the target?
Interesting to know how it cleared the problem.

another question. Did the auto have a ramped or raised rib?

Saw someone shooting a Fabarm xlr5 velocity (xr3i gti xr4x4). That threw the shells forward. Whilst it didn't pepper the person to his right and he went round with a magnet on a stick afterwards to clean up. You still cant tell if there is one in the pipe if you get a first barrel kill. Just my opinion of course.

Fell to bits after one UT competition.....gave the bits back....!

Would not give it kennel room.....true story.!

Getting rare, I have shot on the same as one on at least occasions it hasn't broken or fallen to bits! It does however make the unloading at peg 5 tricky he has to either shoot the second shell regardless of the outcome of the first or get a mannet out of his pocket and extract the live shell before moving on to peg 1

What......!!

You have to unload ?? Between 5 and 1 ????

The only time that I have seen an auto rectify a master eye issue was when an ejected cartridge hit a guy in his left eye, as he was right handed, master eye problem sorted.

I am sorry but I just have to protest with regards to the STUPID prejudices with regards to semi automatic shotguns and their use in Trap shooting or for that matter in ANY form of shooting. I find that the people who are the most vociferous (GOBBY) are the ones who do not and never have, owned a semi auto. I have found that when it comes to gun safety, those using a semi auto are generally a lot safer than those who use a break open gun. They are aware of other peoples attitudes towards them and as a result, tend to be ULTRA cautious. Only today I have seen classic examples of waving closed O/U's around, mainly by game shooters who have decided to 'have a go at the clays'. People waving guns about trying to eject the spent cartridges into the bins, WHY ? I then walk into the clubhouse only to be confronted by someone 'trying' Fred's new gun, a CLOSED over and under. I used a Trap auto for many years and thankfully never met anyone who complained about it, possibly due to the number of 25 straights it shot ! On the odd occasion that I have heard people moaning about the user of a semi on the trap layouts, it has been by a loser anyway. If something as small as a spent cartridge landing at your feet bothers you, should you really be shooting. I have encountered trap shooters who will open their guns and eject spent cartridges towards me as I am mounting my gun in preparation to shoot, so what the ell is the difference ? If someone for whatever reason decides to use an auto for trap shooting, good luck to them. Perhaps it says something about the quality of sporting shooters who just accept auto use as normal and get on with their own level of proficiency. As to the firing of just one cartridge and there is still one in the gun routine, correct me if I am wrong BUT if I only fire one barrel of my O/U or S/S there is still ONE cartridge in that gun and as such, is still as dangerous as the auto. So that dispels that MYTH.  So, let us put this whole debacle to bed once and for all and enjoy our shooting with whatever gun at whatever discipline, PLEASE. 

Back