Satellite Dish - Re-alignment

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonSkeet2

OK,

I know it's not shooting related but more likely to be seen here sooner than anywhere else ;)

Does anyone know of anyone that can re-align a satellite dish in the Woking, Surrey area (GU24) without charging an arm and a leg for doing so?

The dish is about 10ft high off the ground if it's relevant. If anyone can help or recommend someone please PM me.

Cheers,

Jon.

I can see Tobiwan....itching to say....'should this be in cocktail lounge'

:D :D :D :D

Or just bodge it like we have in the past. If you know general direction get the signal strength meter up from the menu then 1 person wiggles the dish while the other watches the signal strength on the telly and shouts when its best :)

You can get an iPhone app, that shows you where the satalites are (no idea which one you need, Astra GTi or something), so you could wing it with that, or get a the little gubbins that beeps at you. Caravan type shops sell them, as will any satalite shop.

But yeah, obviously if you can find someone to do it...awesome. thought about offering a Sky engineer a bung?

Look at your neighbours and point it on the same direction, failing that, Sky would only charge £75 to do it properly

check the bolt marks on the dish brackets and then gently ease it back to where it was, what makes you think your dish is off line?

i think some boxes have a signal strength gain meter built in now so i would as above 1. go on the neighbours 2. fine tune using a signal strength meter internally or purchased separately

a signal meter is only about £10 or less from screwfix, or you can do it via the setup menu if your tv is visable....

its a simple job if your not up on the roof

A beautiful reminder of a) how crap websites used to be, and B) how small our monitors were.

Latest posts

Back