Recoil Pads (from Blaser F3)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike

I put an Isis green pad on mine and to the middle of the pad is 365mm which is just about right for me, the Isis actually has a cant on it to allow for the muscle in the chest. Fitting it gave me a little more down pitch too.

I also fell over in December and landed on my shoulder and it's not quite right yet.

We are all different as to how recoil affects us, if your slim you bend like a willow, I dont move at all. I cannot see it selling anyway so I'll just keep it as they are such a "nice" gun to shoot.

I am keen to know how the Isis green pads compare with a kickeez. Anyone have experience?

CSC3
I've had Kickeez on at least 3 different guns and they are good, especially the thicker variety. I had a thickish green Isis pad put on my Brierly Guns recoil reducer fitted to my Zoli and it's as good as others say it is but I would be hard pressed to pick a winner.

Mines a 14mm one and it seems ok. The bounce test with a hammer was an eye opener, hardly any rebound at all. Hamster can we have a test report on the bounce test as you have both type of pad?

Interesting. I have a fairly thick kickeez. Recoil isn't a 'problem' but am interested in reducing it further if I can, mainly for muzzle stability.

Cheers guys.

CSC3

Mines a 14mm one and it seems ok. The bounce test with a hammer was an eye opener, hardly any rebound at all. Hamster can we have a test report on the bounce test as you have both type of pad?
Sure, what do you want me to do, hit them with a hammer and see how much it bounces?

ps. my guns are multi chokes, will it damage the threads in any way?

Last edited by a moderator:
Will,

Isis every time !!

I took all the kickez pads off my guns after finding the green Isis pads as they are so much better.

Kicks bounce, Isis don't.

Isis are fab for absorbing recoil

Damn. Now I have to remove the subtle looking kickeez and go for a mint green thing!

I know what you mean about bounce with kickeez.

I will give them a call..

Thanks Nic

Ah.. Nic are you comparing kickeez with a full Isis system; the compressing unit with the leather section. Or just the pad?

Just the pads. I use the 23 size rather than the thin ones.

Last edited:
I did not want to shorten my stock that's why I just put a 14mm one on. The thicker pads must be really good as my slim one is quite effective.

I would need the 19mm one (avoided chopping wood). Would love to try (borrow) one first, as they are £48 plus £30 altered to profile. Fine if I like it..

CSC3

I just spent 45 mins! on the phone with the fella at Isis. Very passionate aboiut his product, but in a measured way. He was apparently destroyed by recoil problems, before discovering this material, from which he makes his pads.

The idea with the Isis pads is that they dont actually absorb much more recoil, but they handle the energy better and `bouncing` is vastly reduced. i.e kickeez is a spring, this Isis is a damper, controlling speed.

My reason for contacting Isis is because I am aware of `bounce` when my gun recoils these days. I wondered why I was noticing it more lately. The kickeez I have is 5 years old. Apparently Sorbathane pads deteriorate over time and get worse.

I have ordered an Isis one, so will keep you informed..

CSC3

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I'd start a new thread as the chap with the Blaser F3 for sale has seen his thread wander off topic slightly.

I thought I'd seen a thread already on this topic but I can't find it and I can't find a search facility

I want to add a bit more length to my sporter's stock, not much, and an ISIS green pad looks favourable.

Having shot Nicola's MK38 so-equipped it definitely makes a difference.

The offer of the self-fit option for an additional £30 seems to make sense, but if I don't do that how difficult is it to grind down?

I nearly started the new thread myself.. Matt, maybe you can shift the last lot across to here?

Isis say that it will always be better to grind it on the stock, to get a perfect fit.. Ideally an experienced gun man will do it, but tempted to have a go myself on the various abrasive devices at work..

CSC3

With the self-fit option, if I read it correctly he sends you one, you offer it up to the stock and fit it, draw around the pad and send it back. He then grinds it down to your outline and returns it.

Latest posts

Back