Park Lodge up for sale .

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jega

Apologies if this has been covered previously .

A mate rang me this week to let me know that Park Lodge was up for sale .Now i know some people have various opinions about quality / reliability of traps ,prices etc ,but it's still a shame to see another ground going pear shaped .Looking at the price i can't honestly see any sort of viability or business sense in keeping it as a shooting ground .

https://www.carterjonas.co.uk/property/for-sale/west-cowick/hgt210031

The combination of shooting ground and wedding venue is a “ unique selling point” for sure. Guaranteed to have a blast. 

The liability from the thousands of tonnes of waste that has been tipped there as well could be a sticking point. Apparently there aren't any bins now either and you have to take all your empties home, madness!

I’m afraid you’re right Jega.
Let’s hope that someone sees it differently, and is willing to invest to keep this ground open.

Quite near me but very rarely go. Apparently the bins are now back.

This could be such a great ground but in order to achieve that things need to change. It could do with a good management structure running the clay side. It needs some TLC as it's getting a bit run down and the traps can be faulty or empty far too often. Could also do with some registered shoots again. Thirdly a realistic pricing structure, 36p for practice is extracting the urine.

We were there last weekend . It’s certainly  a bleak place . It’s just got the air of somewhere that’s going downhill .  We couldn’t even get a bacon butty , just cups of coffee , and that seemed to be stretching  the lady on the counter so we walked. We won’t be going back anytime soon . 

The liability from the thousands of tonnes of waste that has been tipped there as well could be a sticking point. Apparently there aren't any bins now either and you have to take all your empties home, madness!
There were bins a week last Sunday, 100s of cartridges strewn all over too.

We shot 150 carts and racked up 167 clays, for £ 56.78. Quite a few stands only had A or B working. It was my first visit, it didn’t leave a good first impression to be honest.

I last visited the ground a couple of years ago. Weeds everywhere, cracked shooting slabs, paint peeling from the trap houses. To be honest, since they stopped shooting registered events about 10 years ago it’s been off my radar but nevertheless, a shame to see it deteriorate to such a mess.

With East Yorkshire SG just a few miles further north it’s a bit of a no brainier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back