Olympic skeet

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

40UP

This is for cartridge freaks only: what is Christine Wenzel doing using different cartridges for each barrel in the World Cup Finals? She isn't the only one, another is loading from different pockets. This is for crossing targets at the same distance.

Dunno?

Maybe one's a low recoil jobby for the first barrel so as not to upset the second shot too much?

DT

perhaps it's a different load for the second shot which is potentially a few yards further away

Where's Skeetfreak when you need him? He's the Man that will know. Sure he'll be along later. :biggrin:

Yes I've seen some of the O/Skeet shooters do this on stand 4 for the second shot of the pairs. As you say Bryan it's a heavier load because the 2nd of the pair is basically a going away shot and taken usually at a greater distance than the first, therefore a shell with better hitting power is used. 

That is what I understood some do. A mix of 9.5 and 7.5

all in there minds boys girls just means they are slow in picking up the second bird of the pair

Where's Skeetfreak when you need him? He's the Man that will know. Sure he'll be along later. :biggrin:
Thanks for the vote of confidence but i do not have a clue on this one - my best guess would be similar to Clutey in that they want a shell to create the same sized pattern on that tough second shot (Remembering they are only allowed a maximum of 24grams) as its doing 68m compared to the 52m of ESK and they started from an extreme gun down position with much shorter barrels i suspect.

Wonder if we see this happen on the reverse pairs on stand 3 and 5 in the shoots off's?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back