oil or grease

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

Oil or grease for hinge pins ?

Which is best i have Allways used beretta oil the one that comes n the little bottle but i am open to change if persuaded grease is better.

Anthing is better than nothing, grease is better than oil.

Though it must be taken off and wiped clean each time,so as to prevent debris build up in the grease.

Any grease is better than no grease,though avoid moly it's dirty and lots of other reasons, best and easiest to use is the red stuff in the syringe. Easy to apply in small areas and small amounts.

Oh and as for the little bottle of thick oil,,,,,,,,,,,,leave it in the case till you sell the Gun or use it on the barrells before going out on a rainy day, it sticks better than the spray stuff.

The small shiny curved area in the forend in Berettas where it attaches to the receiver is a high wear area aswell, the little blued lugs are also important they set the ejector timing, they are on little springs if you try them. Oil such as Parker Hale Express is good for here, but used sparingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer oil myself, it seems less prone to picking up particles of dirt than grease does. :)

Grease for the hinge pins and oil for everything else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oil for me. My guns are cleaned and re-oiled after every outing. Grease attracts particules and if not wiped off acts as grinding paste.

Greese. (Kluber lube) on the pivot lugs, 3in1 on the ejectors, wipe over the barrels with wd40 cloth after a wet shoot. or wipe over whole gun with silicone cloth after each outing.

Mick. :)

Tetra Gun Grease on Hinge pins or lugs. But clean it off every second outing.

The new Clenzoil Hinge Pin Jelly is proving excellent at the moment though as it's not actually grease. Also the oil is great stuff.

Gonna have to actually buy some now though. :D

Oil if it starts getting a bit clicky otherwise I leave it be. Not the biggest fan of grease for the reasons mentioned before.

Not the biggest fan of gun cleaning either, so a squirt of vp90 and a wipe over with the same rag every time (builds up some oiliness) when it either gets wet or the filth round the port holes and finger marks start to annoy me :) its a Miroku so it will take the abuse, if it doesnt its cheap enough to replace, lifes too short for cleaning ones weapon all the time :.:

I'm a greaser. As an engineer the gun has to be clean and prepared for use to ease my brain. Plus I like cleaning my gun! Excuse for solitude in the garage with iPod in its dock.

Perazzi supplied a tube of grease with the gun that I reckon will last 15 years, greasing the hinge pins, locking tangs and joint area of action and forend. Oil for ejectors.

grease for me on hindge pins, had a tube with my k 80,the k80 only lasted 12 months but the tube of grease is still going strong on my DT 10,was worth the 7 grand just for the grease :eek: :eek:

Just give hinge pins a grease, nothing special, nothing fancy, just grease them!!! It's not rocket science!!!

You lot make me want to shoot one just to understand what the difference is......,

Back