Numbering Pegs

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartynB

One of the chaps in the syndicate has had the brilliant idea of marking the pegs with electric fence stakes .  They are light,  easy to place , weatherproof and cheap . ( and long enough to drape a coat over as well ) 
As the ageing person of leisure !  I’ve got the task of assembling the kit . 

So in the works are 5 sets of 10 stakes .   I was given the stakes and  pre drilled plastic number tags sourced from the internet ,  I’ve used some 4.8mm x 10mm stainless flange head self tappers from eBay .  

I’m sticking the numbers on the stake with double sided glue dots ( pinched from my wife’s craft box ! ) to locate them for drilling a 3 mm  pilot hole for the self tappers . Job sorted . I’m just waiting for some 40cm Velcro buckle straps to arrive from China !  A couple will be screwed onto one stake per set so they can be easily bundled , carried and collected . 

24205ABE-1B58-45BD-9F47-560D402F7EE5.jpeg

28B675DF-8CDF-4C4D-A935-10F5E5D5EB4B.jpeg

A8F5FD0B-E988-48F4-B708-2335DBF2CB36.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work. On a shoot we go to they have an odd number of pegs (9) and No 5 the centre peg is always a different colour from the rest so you can see which peg is yours easily without reading numbers at a distance. 

Nice work. On a shoot we go to they have an odd number of pegs (9) and No 5 the centre peg is always a different colour from the rest so you can see which peg is yours easily without reading numbers at a distance. 
Good system, our shoot uses 5 litre containers filled with water, you can see the numbers on these babies half a field away.

shopping.jpg

This is is great, what you really need are signs that remove the need for guns to count...  it is said, for example, 5 (3+2) then that would help our syndicate out tremendously... Seriously considering putting names out for next day, they can’t forget their name (can they?)

Latest posts

Back