New classifications (from 1.12.13)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

Today (so, effectively last weekend) is the end of the current scores grading period. New classifications are effective from December 1st.

(You can see your average on the CPSA website after logging in, but you need to wait until the very end of November for the new cut-off points to be announced to be certain. However, they don't usually change much so it's only an issue if you are right on the line, eg 67.7 in C etc.)

How did it work out for you?

I admit I do find it compelling and it is what drives me onwards. Some will say it doesn't matter, but usually these folks are very fixed in their class, either AAA or C I find!

I have managed to attain my highest average yet, but only by a fraction over last time (due to wobble with getting used to glasses) and will narrowly avoid going up a class.

Looking forward to the push forwards next period!

Staying the same this time round, but the big'uns will count towards the next classification so making a push for a higher grade than A then ;)

Staying put in D class for UT and OT although my avarages have improved (just not enough).

Ditto averages for ABT and am on the cusp as current average is 77.6 and current cut off is 77.7 !! If it drops by 0.2 I could be in C for the next period. Bugger!!

Not looking good as the ABT averages have been falling consistently for the last 6 classification periods.

Lets hope all you D class ABT shooters have been seting the world on fire!!

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
Its all rubbish anyway! in 2 years I have gone from AAA to B :haha:   how could they let me do this? and before you all start I now only enter Birds only as I think if I shot properly I would nick someone else s prize which would not be fair. (roll on C class)

I think I will stay in C but now I am on a mission to get into B next time round...didn't know you could track averages till yesterday so am waiting for my registration to come through so I can be addicted to tracking my scores....

Might do better in C now the sandbaggers like Mr McLean have moved out.......only teasing Jason....I am just soooo jealous....

As an aside just checking a few scores on the CPSA website (too much time on my hands) I note that a recent 100 ABT at Nottingham & Dis was won by a D class shooter with a 96!! Turns out the chap is a sporting shooter (based on his posted scores) and has only shot ABT three times this year. Current ABT average is 90+ so straight from D to A class for him!!

Its a funny ol game this shootin!

DT

Did one shoot two years ago which put me straight into b class when I joined again last year and tryed to go up the classes put in a 80% average so I guess A class ???

Hopefully going up but my maths is sketchy at very best when it comes to dropping scores etc.
No maths required Jem (by you anyway). Log in, then look at 'averages and scores' in blue box on left side of CPSA site. It's all there. You are 68.8 which is B. Congrats on the promotion!
It even tells me when your membership expires!

That both good and bad although I'm in a class I need to up my game 10fold to be near the top of A o well more practice/lessons needed
I found that with an 80% average, A class placings started to occur. Unless your average has been established at very few grounds (maybe one that you find easy). Not saying yours has.

No maths required Jem (by you anyway). Log in, then look at 'averages and scores' in blue box on left side of CPSA site. It's all there. You are 68.8 which is B. Congrats on the promotion!

It even tells me when your membership expires!
Thank you

I can only see the scores bit?

Where did you find the average?

I think I will stay in C but now I am on a mission to get into B next time round...didn't know you could track averages till yesterday so am waiting for my registration to come through so I can be addicted to tracking my scores....

Might do better in C now the sandbaggers like Mr McLean have moved out.......only teasing Jason....I am just soooo jealous....
All joking apart, the December shoots will, by definition, have fewer 'fast riser' shooters in lower classes of course. They will have just been promoted!

Thank you

Left side of page. Scores and classifications etc. are in an orange box. Below it is a blue box, which expands after you log in. AVERAGES AND SCORES is what you want. (In fact not sure you even need to log in anymore??)

Hoped i would make B Class but not quite there so my 1st official 6 months will be C Class.

Just gives me something to aim for in 6 months time

Thank you
Left side of page. Scores and classifications etc. are in an orange box. Below it is a blue box, which expands after you log in. AVERAGES AND SCORES is what you want. (In fact not sure you even need to log in anymore??)
I have emailed for a login.
Would make life a lot easier.
I was trying to calculate my average over lunch last Sunday, very rude to say the least.

Registration come through....looks like average will come down slightly...Oh well must try harder, do more Registered, stop messing about, concentrate, sort my chokes out, shoot with people better than me...etc...etc

Next time B Class....

Registration come through....looks like average will come down slightly...Oh well must try harder, do more Registered, stop messing about, concentrate, sort my chokes out, shoot with people better than me...etc...etc

Next time B Class....
Careful with a number J. If you are shooting more grounds, tougher grounds, you can still be improving even if your scores are not better. It will pay you back. I shot 15 different grounds in the last period. I could likely make AAA if I picked just three that I get my best scores at. But would I feel right? No...

Back