Muller chokes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone give me the exact constrictions for the various numbers?

its on the net somewhere, theres no magic they just sit between normal choke sizes giving the effect of something better that it really is.

i had some for a bit but hated how light they were and the patterns werent any better than the factory chokes in my gun.

Can anyone give me the exact constrictions for the various numbers?
U0 2 thou.

U1 6 thou.

U2 12 thou.

U3 22 thou.

U4 35 thou.

http://www.mullerchokes.com/choke_tubes_questions.html

Yes they are "just chokes". If someone chooses to believe anything about them, then even without mentioning patterns and hard kills at stupid distances...they ARE the lightest bar none and they ARE the cleanest bar none.

I have had awesome kills even with u1 at long distance. A u1 and u2 will sort most targets you will see, a pair of u2's is what I use, will get a u3 shortly.

When it comes to chokes, even Briley will tell you, they aren't really sure what happens...they have an idea, but it is not an exact science. So who knows what these different materials that are used in Mullers, will do to patterns? Jim Muller thinks he knows and I personally like what he has done. I sold some to my mate and he has a whole bag of big heavy chokes...he doesn't bring it to shoots anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use U1's for skeet and U2's for sporting, this takes out any confusion on what barrel etc to use when doing sporting, and for someone learning it's a no brainer, as there is so much else to remember.

U0 2 thou.

U1 6 thou.

U2 12 thou.

U3 22 thou.

U4 35 thou.

http://www.mullercho..._questions.html

Yes they are "just chokes". If someone chooses to believe anything about them, then even without mentioning patterns and hard kills at stupid distances...they ARE the lightest bar none and they ARE the cleanest bar none.

I have had awesome kills even with u1 at long distance. A u1 and u2 will sort most targets you will see, a pair of u2's is what I use, will get a u3 shortly.

When it comes to chokes, even Briley will tell you, they aren't really sure what happens...they have an idea, but it is not an exact science. So who knows what these different materials that are used in Mullers, will do to patterns? Jim Muller thinks he knows and I personally like what he has done. I sold some to my mate and he has a whole bag of big heavy chokes...he doesn't bring it to shoots anymore.
The constriction really depends on the bore of your gun a U1 in a gun bored 18.6 will be completely different to a gun bored 18.4 it will be as much as one choke difference.

What are muller using as their standard to start with to give the 2,6,12,22,35 thou constriction

The constriction really depends on the bore of your gun a U1 in a gun bored 18.6 will be completely different to a gun bored 18.4 it will be as much as one choke difference.

What are muller using as their standard to start with to give the 2,6,12,22,35 thou constriction
You are quite right, but they make and test each choke for each gun, so that within tolerence, the choke should be correct.

That is why chokes for a k80 are longer than say Beretta optima.

Why does the extended portion length of Muller Chokes vary from one gun manufacturer to another. Example: Browning INV+ extends 1-1/8", but a Krieghoff extends almost 2"?

Muller chokes are made to a tested and proven geometry that gives your gun the most optimal, consistent and effective pattern that can be achieved. Each type of gun requires a different geometrical design based on its unique bore diameter. Our goal is to produce chokes for each type of gun that will result in more X's on your scorecard.

You are quite right, but they make and test each choke for each gun, so that within tolerence, the choke should be correct.

That is why chokes for a k80 are longer than say Beretta optima.
What i'm trying to put across is that you should know the bore of your gun.Each choke may be made for beretta, or K80 or what ever but don't take it for granted that a beretta with opima bore tubes are bored to 18.6 as my current Gold e is stamped 18.4 so even standard factory chokes if made for 18.6 barrels will be one choke size out.

quite so, inv+ are used across browning/winchester/miroke not all models will have the same bore. Only way to make sure choke constriction is tied to bore size is let Mr Teague at it :D

otherwise, just stick whatever makes you confident in and get on with it :p

Pick a choke, pick a cartridge pattern it stick with it. take some lessons learn to shoot with what you got, easy peasy.

Hi Folks

After reading about Muller chokes on this forum I decided to bite the bullet and go for U1 & U2 combo for my 682... good move

Have to say the quality is first class and I'm delighted with the breaks I'm getting

Cheers also to the chaps at just choking -really helpful

Thumbs up from me !

:)

Actualy, the constrictions of Muller chokes vary depending on the make and model of the shotgun. In my DT10L they were identical to the Optima. The main difference is wether the choke will have a long parallel section or a longer taper. It all depends on the barrel and shotgun make. Jim shot thousands of rounds on pattern boards to find what worked with most ammo available. But as they are lighter than all after market and factory chokes, the "moment of inertia" is different making the shotgun livlier!

Henry

I bought a U2 and a U3 for my Beretta auto. Measured in my gun the U2 is 10thou, a 1/4 and the U3 is 20thou, a 1/2.

The U3 was a waste of money because the U2 does every thing I need of a choke for Sporting. The breaks with the U3 are spectacular to say the least but the U2 gives more margin for error with no detriment to my scores.

They stay very clean and don't work loose.Highly recommended.

Does anyone want to buy a U3 for Beretta Mobilchoke guns?

Vic

Latest posts

Back