More than an eye test

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iainspecialboy

Well like quite a few people on this forum, i decided to book an appointment with Ed Lyons. I wont bother to repeat what everybody else has said about the comprehensive nature of the tests performed and how much clearer everything is with the new lenses. You can take that as read.

I have had many problems with my eyes over the years which have nearly resulted in surgery and every so often my problems resurface and my eyesight deteriorates. Ed has not only identified what is causing my problems, he has managed to explain it to me in a way that makes sense. Going forward i have plans and exercises in place to help me correct the problems and improve the health of my eyes.

What could easily have been a very thorough eye exam and a new set of glasses that will improve my shooting, turned out to be finding an optician who not only cares if my scores increase, (well that i can see where i am missing at the very least),  but one who is providing ongoing care and is genuinely concerned and interested in my problems.

A sports vision assessment with Ed is not just for the England shooters amongst us, its also for the straw bailers.

My new eye drops are working brilliantly, i have eye exercise equipment in the post and my first set of lenses are being ground. I will post on this again with updates, but for now i need a whisky.

Iain

Glad you found him as helpful as I did Iain! Amazing the difference that he can make. Interesting to see how you get on once you are used to the new specs :)

Iain and ed , with your new glasses will this mean a dip in form whilst you accustom your selves to the new prescription? Similar to changing your gun mount?

Took me about 2 shoots to get back to speed, so no big problem. Same as every other time I get prescription changed, but a far better end result.

Thanks for this post. I'm about to book an appointment with Ed. Although I know he's the best it's nice to get some independent assurances.

Where is Ed based? I am mildy short sighted. I can shoot without prescription glasses no problem for Skeet but for longer range Sporting clays but I liken it to shooting in Standard Definition rather than High Definition. I tried wearing my normal prescription glasses I wear for driving but due to the small frames and lenses it becomes more of a hindrance than a help. I would like to sort out a proper pair of prescription shooting glasses and would rather go to someone who clearly understands what is needed for shooting.

Thanks

Simon

Yo dont need to! Game set and match :)
Sigh.. For the benefit of onlookers, I've shot 12 different reg grounds in the last 7 months. Would have been 13 but Newbold is no more. :(

(Obviously I did ring ahead to tell them all to make it nice and cosy for me..)

Last edited by a moderator:
In fairness, I did see Will at Wylye once...he was looking quite lost and confused, but we sat him down with a cuppa and wrote simple directions to get him home.  Bless...

In fairness, I did see Will at Wylye once...he was looking quite lost and confused, but we sat him down with a cuppa and wrote simple directions to get him home.  Bless...
I lived at Stonehenge for 2 days before my sense of direction returned.

Back