MK38 Grade 5 v MX2000 S

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll just leave this here.

DT
Nobody said anything is ever perfect. There are horror stories with P and K guns too, this one is hardly a calamity and easily fixed, if within warranty it won't even cost a penny. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody said anything is ever perfect. There are horror stories with P and K guns too, this one is hardly a calamity and easily fixed, if within warranty it won't even cost a penny. 
There is no warranty on any wood work from any maker. If they change it it's good will to stop complaints. Where wood cracking is concerned they are all wan**** and the more expensive the gun the the worse they treat you.

no warranty on woodwork !!!!

don't think that is correct.

I have heard that browning won't honour their warranty on one of their guns if you have an aftermarket adjustable comb fitted....

not sure if that means that the woodwork is covered "unmolested", but interesting all the same. 

if I had a cracked stock my dealer would get it back to gmk of that I can assure you. And I have no doubt that gmk would sort it. It is Imo nonsense to say wood is not covered under warranty as balltrap says you have rights

no offence intended rosso

since topic is no longer about mk38 vs mx gun i will provide small update regarding my 692....

the one that i  couldnt buy today :(

Dealer "missunerdstood" my request and got me 28" barrels instead of 30" ...

I was presented 690 black model instead - and boy... i was so dissapointed in it....

i obviously didnt get neither and gotta wait for another 3/4 weeks (hopefully)

since topic is no longer about mk38 vs mx gun i will provide small update regarding my 692....

the one that i  couldnt buy today :(

Dealer "missunerdstood" my request and got me 28" barrels instead of 30" ...

I was presented 690 black model instead - and boy... i was so dissapointed in it....

i obviously didnt get neither and gotta wait for another 3/4 weeks (hopefully)

Maybe he above is trying to tell you something :angel:  

So you have 10 year warranty stock cracks at 4 years what then
yes I agree on that one as it could be down to poor handing etc but within 12 months I doubt any manufacturer would not deem it a fault.

yes I agree on that one as it could be down to poor handing etc but within 12 months I doubt any manufacturer would not deem it a fault.
You are wrong. Unless they do it under good will. Woodwork is not guaranteed under warranty. See other post in sporting. GMK are the worst. 

Insure it and make a claim Rosso !

If you include your guns on your household insurance they will be covered for accidental damage :angel:

I'm pretty pragmatic when it comes to faults with guns but I wouldn't hesitate to escalate my complaint all the way if they so much as tried to get funny with hair line cracks or general faults with the wood. 

Back