Longthorne trap gun for IPS

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzrat

Remember you asked if they would do a trap gun? Quotes below.

I thought I remembered seeing a proof for 3/4 choke steel :)

"Last but not least on 28th May 2013 we successfully 'London' proofed a set of 12 bore barrels with 3/4 choke for 3" magnum steel (Fleur De Lys), we believe that to date we are the only gunmaking company in the UK to have achieved this. Not only does this verify the strength of our barrels, it renders them 'futureproof' for our Clients. Full choke next!!??"

Full article here http://www.longthorneguns.com/cgi-bin/scribe?showinfo=Try-Hesketh

BTW Longthorne make some fine looking guns and Elaine is a lovely lady who, even though there isn't a hope in hell I could afford one, spent a while chatting and telling me all about their innovative barrel making process at the shooting show. I really recommend having a look if you are at the CLA :)

Beautiful, and about 9k less than a Beretta SO and only 1k more than a DT10EELL. (list prices of course)

Wonder if they ever do a trap version ??
Well here it is :D  not quite finished yet but you get the idea :)

post-64-0-48811600-1376336805.jpg

Looks quite tidy with the high rib and as all their barrels are made out of 1 lump of steel they can do anything with rib height :)

Attachments

• zz3.jpg
    zz3.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 0
My friend won the BASC raffle and got his lucky hands on his very own Hesketh Deluxe...I have been lucky enough to shoot it and it is beautiful to shoot....so I would imagine a trap gun would be equally lovely...

Now saving up for my very own bespoke gun...I may be some time....

Ruddy ell I got all excited until I saw it :(

Apart from the fact that it seems to be held together with a cable tie its not exactly pretty :)

It was held together with a cable tie :) wasn't finished for the CLA

I want a matched pair of trap guns just like this oooooh.

pp01211imglge.jpg

I want a matched pair of trap guns just like this oooooh.

pp01211imglge.jpg
Lovely shooting sticks them is but for a trap gun I would really want something a bit less ostentatious. Guns of that quality are not for knocking around a shooting ground they are for bagging some nice birdies on the glorious twelfth while accompanied by one's faithful loader and several mutts :)

On a serious note for a change Ian, would you really buy one? They are very pretty I must say, it would also be rather nice to own a British trap gun! I wonder if any of the top boys could ever be talked into using such a gun? Mr peel perhaps?

That gun could be the ugliest, most fragile ribbed gun ever!

Over engineered, overpriced but thankfully soon to be over in Australia.

I think the Ozzy just wanted his ego stroking.

Les

seriously, yes if i was in the market for a new gun and if the balance and fit was correct then i would definitely like one.

Les
seriously, yes if i was in the market for a new gun and if the balance and fit was correct then i would definitely like one.
You know what Ian? So would I, partly because its British and I would love to have a British trap gun! Other than that it looks so nice too!

You my friend would look the dogs at sc with one of those.

You my friend would look the dogs at sc with one of those.
Yeah......but that in itself could cause a lot of problems!!!! Can you imagine turning up with a gun like that and then shooting like a total wally? It's bad enough shooting like a wally anyway, which I frequently do these days, but to do it with such a gun.......... :fie:

Last edited by a moderator:
As much  as I would like a bespoke English gun, I think that we would all be much better off using our current guns and spending the  £13,290.00 + VAT on cartridges, entry fees and lessons !

Latest posts

Back