I wasn't going to gloat.....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd set it up that your eye is in the right place then shoot some clays, I'd only go to the pattern plate to confirm a problem if I found one, a straight away target can tell you a lot about where a gun is shooting, a pattern plate is a fast way to lose confidence in a gun

beautiful timber on that gun.

One thing I'd do once I'd got the comb set is make a shim or spacer (bit like a feeler gauge) for easy resetting if for any reason (like fiddling) you want to get back to your standard setting. I'd do that for anything adjustable although I think its much better to set and forget.

If only that were possible :)
I'll find out later this on year, one of this year's plans is to re-stock my 525, then the stock will have cost more than the gun :eek:  

(well not really ......I hope :fie:  )

I was pretty good about only doing essential adjustments to my 1913 Supermatch but then there's a huge difference between shooting a single round at a static carton the size of a full stop at 50m and a moving target with a shot cloud the size of a dustbin.

Back