Hull Pro One at Barbury

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We shot today, good layout. Only 1 target in grouse butt that was a pain being short and a couple of harder stands to sort everyone out but enjoyable, took ages to get round for some reason though, started at 11.10 and finished about 2.45 ish. The usual close at the end of your gun target on last stand 😫 and about 3 stands I think it was that was super sporting style which was enjoyable. Stand 11 I think was probably the first hard stand you get to and was going fairly well until then!
Did have a fair bit of choke changing as I’d purchased a couple of cylinders and put them to good use today. Very happy with my close targets apart from stand 15!

On looking at scores there was only 1 straight on stand 11 all day!!

Last edited:
I found an electronic ear piece at the ground yesterday afternoon. It was by the trade stands by an empty car space so I’m assuming someone’s got in the car, it’s fallen out pocket and they’ve driven off etc. Took it to the Swatcom stand and they said it wasn’t one of theirs so I handed it into Huw Stephens if anyone has lost one.

I shot it today and what an excellent shoot it was with tons of variety. Like Donna I too made full use of my cyl chokes as there were some very close targets but equally there were some extreme ones too and everything in between. I was particularly pleased to shoot two of the long range looping crossers from the cherry picker as no one else on my squad hit one. Every time I go to Barbury I wish it was a bit nearer to home as the all round clay shooting day out there is first class.

Back