How to remove the factory butt pad from a Perazzi?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob_P

Recently bought a Perazzi MX8 for my wife. The factory butt pad has an extended toe that interferes with the ladies bits, and makes it uncomfortable, She's just started trying to shoot gun down, so thought I might fit an adjustable ISIS with the rounded pad.

The original is glued on (I think). Seen a few US posts that suggest hairdryers and fishing line :mellow:

Anyone actually taken one off, is there an easy way?

Thanks - Bob & Wendy

May be best to take it to a gunsmith Bob, it would be a shame to mess up the stock for the sake of a few quid mate! I have noticed that some ladies shoot with fairly flat but pads/plates too, so the gunsmith may be able to say which would suit your wife best. :wink:

Bob I just had a thought! As you live in Yateley why not shoot over to Bisley and speak to Gordon Swatton, I think the gun shop there is now owned by Willian Evans, it was Tony Kennedy's at one time. Gordon did a shed load of stuff on a DT10 that I used to own, he is ex Gumnark and an excellent gunsmith.

Thanks Les - was thinking of talking to Gordon, just thought I'd have an ask on here first.

Thanks Les - was thinking of talking to Gordon, just thought I'd have an ask on here first.
I first came across Gordon at Gunmark (GMK) he sorted out a mis timed ejector for me on a 682X, the guy really know his stuff. He transformed my old DT10 for me.

Hi Bob

Perazzi actually say to remove the pad with a razor blade, somewhat dubious I know, best leave it to someone who knows (and does'nt mind losing a finger or two)

Missed timed ejectors on beretta, a very common fault from my experience. Easy fix though seen a few smiths Incl Gmk fix em ..... Smack em with a medium sized hammer seems to be the secret. Ha, the skill is knowing were to hit em ;-)

sorry off topic a bit,

cant help as never had a perazzi but are they really glued on ?

Seems a daft idea to me.

My thoughts too Wynn, waiting for a call telling me roughly how much pad removal and fitting an ISIS might cost....

Last time I removed one i built a fire and placed the Perazzi on it until only the metal action remained, then I attached a suilatble fence post.

The gun then handled way better and the metal to wood fit was equally as good as the factory finish.

Last time I removed one i built a fire and placed the Perazzi on it until only the metal action remained, then I attached a suilatble fence post.

The gun then handled way better and the metal to wood fit was equally as good as the factory finish.
Ah good old Scottish humour! . !!!! :D :D :D

Best thing to do with any gun that isnt a beretta IMO ;-)

Perazzi butt pads come off fairly easily with a scalpel and some gentle persuassion. They are glued on because strangely, most Perazzi owners buy their guns to fit themselves, not someone else. They have one Hexi head 6mm bolt and a long hexi bolt tool to release the stock with, hence the hole in the middle of the butt pad. If you are going to have your stock shortened/lengthened etc etc. The man who does it will re glue it back on or will fit summat else!

Back