Help the elderly

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westward

ShootClay Supporter
Just signed up. Another old git I'm afraid.  Currently shooting a 686E but I reckon there'll be a replacement sometime in 2012.  Maybe another Beretta; almost certainly Italian. Been a leisure shooter for about 10 years. Almost all sporting. To be honest I'm getting a bit bored with the Sunday morning fun shooting so to up the interest level I'm having a crack at some registered.I promise to be mostly honest about my scores./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Welcome aboard Westward! Glad to have you on the forum - let me know if there is anything you need. Where are you based, we have lots of meet-ups going on, mainly seem to be at reg. shoots...

shootclay admin said:

Welcome aboard Westward! Glad to have you on the forum – let me know if there is anything you need. Where are you based, we have lots of meet-ups going on, mainly seem to be at reg. shoots…
Thanks boss. Based near Stroud, Glos. Yesterday was my 1st time shooting registered and 1st time at Longridge. Didn't totally embarrass myself and achieved my goal of scoring over 60 (just!) in the near perfect weather. Didn't find any of the targets intimidating and didn't blank any. I enjoyed the whole thing so it looks like I'll be doing more reg and having a crack at Steve Lovatt's set-ups.I don't know full results yet as some of the big hitters from Weston people were expected but some were saying it was a fairly low scoring shoot.

Last edited by a moderator:
We were at Weston (me, Ed Solomons, Nicola, Fuzrat and a couple of others) - but it was very very busy, so we didn't get round quickly enough for some of the guys to head up for another shoot. I suspect others may have been caught the same way. We'll have to get you down to one of the meet-ups soon!

Westward said:

shootclay admin said:
Welcome aboard Westward! Glad to have you on the forum – let me know if there is anything you need. Where are you based, we have lots of meet-ups going on, mainly seem to be at reg. shoots…
Thanks boss. Based near Stroud, Glos. Yesterday was my 1st time shooting registered and 1st time at Longridge. Didn't totally embarrass myself and achieved my goal of scoring over 60 (just!) in the near perfect weather. Didn't find any of the targets intimidating and didn't blank any. I enjoyed the whole thing so it looks like I'll be doing more reg and having a crack at Steve Lovatt's set-ups.I don't know full results yet as some of the big hitters from Weston people were expected but some were saying it was a fairly low scoring shoot.
Welcome westward,i too was at longridge yesterday,i think it shot harder than it looked,i managed an 83 which i think won A class,martin myers 87 and A johnson who shot an 88 was pipped by one of the last shooters out K sharett with a 91.Good shoot though

I think ShootClayers need some kind of identification so they can find each other at these shoots.... another thing to add to my to-do list.

Yeah Free Badges all around Matt!Cheap and effective!Some may have to put there name on it ......mmmmmm actually you better spell their names for them in some cases!!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Badges like pin-on badges? Or like sew-on patches? I'm thinking of doing some nice quality polo shirts... which I'll do at a good price for everyone, but it sounds like something that sits on your shooting vest/hat might be interesting?

nice little metal badges for me Please /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif ?   just incase some members don't know my son & I collect metal shootin pin badges so if anyone has any they would part with please let me know ?   I'm not after freebies although that would be nice but I'll happily pay for badges I haven't already got . Nige

Metal badge sounds good to me as well Matt /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

Back