Essex masters 2021

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d say that’s doubtful. I’m working to the assumption that all major events will be cancelled this year. The Home Internationals, World and European championships will certainly go as the selection events have been binned. 

Given recent government announcements, I find it hard to see any event that draws a crowd going ahead, even into the summer. If they do I suspect a significant number of participants will pull out, either because they don’t feel safe or they don’t feel it sends the right message.

Registered competition will be fine, perhaps with restrictions but that’s about it for this year I’m afraid.
You better tell John Dyson that as he rang to tell me this and check my booking,its also on the Hepworth hall FB page.

This is called passing on information...

"Registered competition will be fine, perhaps with restrictions but that’s about it for this year I’m afraid."

People are not much better there much of the time,correct restrictions in place and followed it should be ok

Personally i think if people can actually follow the rules for a while there is a fair chance of it going off.

Big if...

You better tell John Dyson that as he rang to tell me this and check my booking,its also on the Hepworth hall FB page.

This is called passing on information...

"Registered competition will be fine, perhaps with restrictions but that’s about it for this year I’m afraid."

People are not much better there much of the time,correct restrictions in place and followed it should be ok

Personally i think if people can actually follow the rules for a while there is a fair chance of it going off.

Big if...
Registered events will be fine. They lend themselves well to social distancing. 

It’s not just the crowds. It’s that clubhouses, cafes, seating areas, gun shops and other areas where people may gather will likely still be closed. That’s not too bad if the weathers decent but, as the English Open weekend last year showed, it’s miserable when it’s not. Shooting grounds aren’t pleasant places to be when the weather’s poor, even worse when facilities are closed.

Time will tell I suppose but don’t expect too much. 

By the way, who’s John Dyson?

"It’s not just the crowds. It’s that clubhouses, cafes, seating areas, gun shops and other areas where people may gather will likely still be closed. That’s not too bad if the weathers decent but, as the English Open weekend last year showed, it’s miserable when it’s not. Shooting grounds aren’t pleasant places to be when the weather’s poor, even worse when facilities are closed."

August!😂😂

"It’s not just the crowds. It’s that clubhouses, cafes, seating areas, gun shops and other areas where people may gather will likely still be closed. That’s not too bad if the weathers decent but, as the English Open weekend last year showed, it’s miserable when it’s not. Shooting grounds aren’t pleasant places to be when the weather’s poor, even worse when facilities are closed."

August!😂😂
Indeed. The English Open was rearranged to August last year. We had strong winds and heavy rain showers all weekend. With nowhere to shelter or get warm it was bloody miserable.

It’s pot luck of course but who’d want to pay several hundred pounds for that?

"who’d want to pay several hundred pounds for that?"

70 quid entry,40 quid shells

lets not exagerate...

Last edited by a moderator:
"who’d want to pay several hundred pounds for that?"

70 quid entry,40 quid shells

lets not exagerate...
Entry: £70, Ammunition: £40, Pre event training (if available): £50, Travel: £50, Accommodation: £80, Food/drink: £30 (assuming it’s a one day event).

That’s £320 and i’m probably being conservative. A lot of money to pay to stand in the cold!

Entry: £70, Ammunition: £40, Pre event training (if available): £50, Travel: £50, Accommodation: £80, Food/drink: £30 (assuming it’s a one day event).

That’s £320 and i’m probably being conservative. A lot of money to pay to stand in the cold!
Maybe 25 quid for fuel and i take a packed lunch 5 quid because you never now if you will get 15 or 45 minutes for lunch.

Bottled water has historically been free.

Drive there,maybe shoot pool shoot,shoot event and go home.

Nothing to see or do just like CPSA nationals...

Of course we all rock up for pre event training...😂

Obviously you are living in some sort of cloud cuckoo land about your average sporting shooter.

"A lot of money to pay to stand in the cold!" well i don't actually remember being cold in April though it may have happened once but this is in August.

You must be a trap shooter!

You forgot to account for the coloured pens. 🙂

Being an outdoor event it is just like many other activities.i do not believe it is possible to be a serious shooter if you are not prepared  to be out in the English weather.

I hope that we all get out to do some worthwhile shooting this year.i would however have to say 90% Essex will not happen again due to shear  numbers and being at the end of march .I would hazard a guess at July before we get any real chance of comps with big attendance at 50-50.our sport along with many others was decimated last year and the virus was no where near as virulent as at the moment.hopefully I am wrong but i would not bet against

Yes i agree.i am secretary of a small club.we could quite easily run with two people shooting however the problem we have is that the age of our members is mainly that of the vunerable groups .
Who by now, if not very shortly will have been vaccinated!

Latest posts

Back