English open at AGL

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiptop

I will probably have a go at this one, as there will be no silly qualifiers, and is within striking distance this year.

Interesting that it is 9-12 May (Wednesday to Saturday) no Sunday. Probably something to do with planning permission.

Should be good, they have had a good registered event running for a while now. Presumably they will be gaining some extra car parking space from somewhere!

Should be good, they have had a good registered event running for a while now. Presumably they will be gaining some extra car parking space from somewhere!
Not been there yet Will, it is on the radar though.

My first thought on seeing that was 'how are they going to fit all the cars in'.  My second thought was 'I like AGL, maybe I ought to pluck up courage to shoot my first major competition'.

My first thought on seeing that was 'how are they going to fit all the cars in'.  My second thought was 'I like AGL, maybe I ought to pluck up courage to shoot my first major competition'.
no courage required, just a carefree enjoy the day attitude which I know you are capable of.  Do it Bebo x

I saw this last night, I'm a member there and seems like a good objective for me to start a few registered shoots in the New Year as a lead in to this

Last edited by a moderator:
Ant body know when and where entries will be open?
On CPSA site, I suspect in January

Don't fear a major. its like any other shoot, but you pay a lot more, hit a few less, walk further from your car and get a bottle of water (plus possible apple).

On CPSA site, I suspect in January

Don't fear a major. its like any other shoot, but you pay a lot more, hit a few less, walk further from your car and get a bottle of water (plus possible apple).
possibly a pin badge

Question to the people that have shot the registered shoots a AGL. Do they relax the fibre wad only thing for registered shoots, like Barbury do?

I’ve set myself the target of shooting some bigger comps next year so this will be one of them. I’ve never needed to use the additional car park yet but assume they would need even more.

Sorry to thread hijack but anyone know if there will be an Essex Masters next year and if so when & how do you normally book on? Not able to find much at all online about it so far.

I’ve set myself the target of shooting some bigger comps next year so this will be one of them. I’ve never needed to use the additional car park yet but assume they would need even more.

Sorry to thread hijack but anyone know if there will be an Essex Masters next year and if so when & how do you normally book on? Not able to find much at all online about it so far.
The Essex is the biggest shoot in the UK, but it’s run like a 1980 straw baler. It will be a phone call near the time to enter

Essex masters 9th to 15th April. Entries open now. Phone Essex gun or JD to book. Usually  book your slot pay on arrival. 

Jasper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Already booked Essex Masters.
me too about 2 months ago ;)

Text John direct on 07867892504

You can shoot it over 1 or 2 days

The Essex is the biggest shoot in the UK, but it’s run like a 1980 straw baler. It will be a phone call near the time to enter
Think thats a little unfair will been fairly well organised the last 2 years when i have been and i have never seen a squadded strawbaler.

Great to shoot,great targets

Have agree Will, shot this once, some years ago and vowed never to shoot it again. Piss poorly organised, and the greed factor came into effect, to get as many people through as possible.

Latest posts

Back