DT10 Forend adjustment

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V8 90

Is there anyway to adjust/take up a tiny bit of slack in the forend of a DT10 ? The screws are nice & tight but there's a bit of play somewhere.

Just stick a tiny bit of door draught excluder to the fore-end where it touches the barrel.

Is it yhe forend iron moving in the barrel or the wood on the fe iron?

Should be tight on a DT without the need to wedge bits in as on a 686,682 etc the wood to metal fix is different and on mine it has the replaceable insert to tighten back up if its the metal bit. Does it open very easily? 

It's quite tight to open (doesn't fall open) I've only noticed it today the movement is noticeable & only very slight where the forend meets the action - no play in the woodwork/steel joints at all. I appreciate Mikes idea to fit a tiny piece of draught excluder (which would work) but that's not really a fix.

If the gun is tight to open and the forend wiggles something is wrong that needs looking at by a Beretta fixer person

seriously

If the gun is tight to open and the forend wiggles something is wrong that needs looking at by a Beretta fixer person

seriously
+1

Needs someone who knows these guns inside out to have a look. 

Could just need the forend latch/ barrel hangar re fitying if the movement is up/down at the knuckle. Any other movement (usually inducated by the gun being slack and falling open)  can be taken up by the way of a replacement insert located behind the fe latch on the inside of the FE or a small bit of tig welding on the rear of the barrel hanger and filed to fit.  

Needs a proper gunsmith to do properly. Not a DIY job.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just stripped the latch assembly & there's nothing broken/worn at all - rebuilt & when fitted the movement is barely measurable so I fitted a small sticky pad into the bottom front of the forend & hey presto - no movement at all. I'm up at Bywell on Friday so will pop it into the shop there & let Paul have a look - who knows it may turn into a DT11  :whistle:

pity gmk don't have there gun mechanic chap in his mobile workshop at bywel weekend these days. In olden days he was there every year and could carry out many adjustments by various degrees of hammer strikes. While you were waiting for mechanic chap to do his thing you could pop along to the old Scottish blokes caravan and get yer name embroidered on whatever. Or pretend you could afford one of the niffty Subaru pick ups on show. Oh those were the days.

oops sorry went off on one then.

pity gmk don't have there gun mechanic chap in his mobile workshop at bywel weekend these days. In olden days he was there every year and could carry out many adjustments by various degrees of hammer strikes. While you were waiting for mechanic chap to do his thing you could pop along to the old Scottish blokes caravan and get yer name embroidered on whatever. Or pretend you could afford one of the niffty Subaru pick ups on show. Oh those were the days.

oops sorry went off on one then.
​perfect technique for misbehaving Berettas

Didn't think the DT11 was a downgrade but if you say so..perhaps a P was a better suggestion than I anticipated.

Insert man with fishing rod  smilie thing. ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back