Crimping used plastic cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sampop

Anyone know anyone in North Wales area that can re-crimp used plastic cartridges?  I have a load of used cartridges from the Olympics and want to make a display...just need to seal the end to make them look as if they haven't been shot!

thanks Sam

Sam,

I could do it for you. To get an authentic crimp you will need to fill the cases with packing.

Thanks - that would be fabulous!  I can bump into you at Hodnet on one of the meet ups :crazy:

Any suggestions for packing materials? (I will try and get hold of some)

(p.s. I only have a handfull - promise!)

Sand..... Then when you have finished with the display you can use them. :preved:

Important note to anyone making display boards or using cartridges for any other reason than what they were designed for, DO NOT use live primers! A primer is probably the most unstable component in a cartridge and has sufficient energy to cause serious harm.

Oil new primers, and refit. Soak them in mineral oil for 24 hours. (oil will kill primers off) and use fibre wads as a packing material as it's fairly squidgy and the star crimp can sink into the fibre and spring back a little, leaving a perfect crimp.

Latest posts

Back