CPSA/ SCTA

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midlife

Hi Folks,

Can anyone tell me if there is a reciprocal exchange for competitions between the CPSA and SCTA? I live in England but close to Scottish border and would like to shoot the registered SCTA shoots at Braidwood. Can I do this under my CPSA membership or would I need a Scottish membership as well? I could of course contact the bodies directly but was hoping to know today.

thanks in advance

Rob

Different governing body and if you wish to shoot in Scotland reg you’ll need to join SCTA is my understanding. 

Anyone belonging to one of the home associations can shoot in any of the other associations shoots, without the need to hold dual membership. 

I don't think there is a reciprocal arrangement between the CPSA and the SCTA that the scores are forwarded to the respective members association for inclusion in their averages though.

However, there is an arrangement between the CPSA and the WCTSA that this does happen.

You don't need to be a member of the SCTA if you have a CPSA number as they are affiliated

Scores heading south are another thing all together 

I shot SCTA for two years a while back  and some scores made it and others didn't 

Back