CPSA ESP 6th June

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilyD3

Hi all,

Atkin Grant & Lang are relatively new to the CPSA Registered Comps, we've got our third ESP registered on the 6th June so trying to get the word out as much as possible at the mo!

It would be great to see as many people as possible there, as we're very keen to get feedback to improve the ground and the competition, to help shape the way we run the competition over the coming years. 

We're offering £75 prize fund for high gun in AA, A, B and C Class.

First card 9.30am last card 2.00pm, no need to book on, we have scorers on each stand.

Would be great to see you there!

It'll be worth making the trip just to see that smile :biggrin:

I'm taking a visit to AGL this week for the first time since it updated, really looking forward to visiting the ground where I took some of my first shots. 

Very pleasant ground. Superb free tea and coffee (not instant rubbish either). Great catering too and decent clubhouse. A few testing stands but plenty to not leave you demoralised (at the two previous ones anyway). It is fibre cartridges, but I believe that they are selling them at the 1000 rate in the shop if needed.

Being just a few mins from j9 M1 it's easy to get to for many. Looking forward to it!

Thanks Will, I could be biased (as I make the coffee) but it really is good stuff! 

And yes, CPSA entrants are entitled to the 1000 rate for cartridges as we're not allowing plas wad to be used. 

Any questions just ask!

I wish you all the best, but I expect most of the Friday shooters are already booked in for the classic

It's true it's the classic this weekend (an unfortunate timing for us) but if you are available to come down, it will be a great day! 

It's set to be sunny, we have great coffee and food for you and a great deal on all fibre cartridges for you. 

Hopefully see you there!

We are going to make the trip across for this one, I shot the first registered and enjoyed the visit (Coffee was great!). It will be interesting to see how the targets are developing.

Lets keep our fingers crossed for the weather.

Weather looks fantastic for this. I have even tempted Mrs H out for it! I can taste the coffee already..

Woo! Nearly there! Let's hope this fab weather stays. 

From prepping today, I have heard that this course is going to be a good one, got a few tough birds out there that should test a few of you! Very exciting stuff!

Woo! Nearly there! Let's hope this fab weather stays. 

From prepping today, I have heard that this course is going to be a good one, got a few tough birds out there that should test a few of you! Very exciting stuff!
Yes! Indeed a few tough birds! Ouch; I was way off form today and chose to be so on a firm course. Net result.. very few hit. Oh well cant win (or do well at)  them all.. Lovely weather though! :)

One request.. the wooden stands really bounce the sound back. any chance of some sound deadening on the walls? We all noticed it more than usual today.

Looking forward to next time, regardless.

Thoroughly enjoyed the shoot, helped by great weather.

Tricky targets, especially for people like me who are happy with our 50/100.

Pretty Happy though with a 61.

The ground is developing well with the shoots toughening up nicely. Agree with Will's comments about the solid wooden stands bouncing the noise back at the shooter.

The foods good and there is soon to be an extended menu with an Italian Twist!

Keep up the good work, looking forward to the next registered.

Well shot Dave! A couple of very experienced mates hit 68 today. I think HG was 90 and he was clear of the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of my guys from Finland shot this and said it was a very good shoot, might pop over one day if i get the day off.

Back