Common shooting myths…

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this guy.he speaks plain language and does not waste time telling you how he is the best at everything like some.

Last edited by a moderator:
"But, but, It must be true,..................I read on tinternet!!!"  🤨

I take it you do not agree with the video.maybe you could tell us why it is wrong.
No, I was being sarcastic (hence the emoji).  I think, that's how these myths start. Peeps see/read it on the web and take it as gospel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they are 'myths' because, for some people, they have worked - either at a practical level or in our heads.

The stock tinkering advice is spot on albeit they do need to be setup at some point. With things like cartridges & glasses, the issue might be very personal. For example - if yellow lenses are wrong because we should rely on our eyes alone then are sunglasses for the same reason ?. With light guns - somebody with a heavy gun may need to move to a lighter gun because they got the wrong one in the first place or they may shoot a discipline that warrants a lighter gun or maybe they are of a shape, or size, or have a physical problem that needs a lighter gun. Not everyone is shooting 100 straight.

I think it might be better to describe them all as things to sort once and then leave well alone.

I agree that if someone shoots 50 straight then fiddles with the comb that is nonesense.i know people who have bought lighter guns as they say its wearing on a long shoot then put heavey loads in and moan about recoil.as for glasses i dont really know.its a bit like the choke changer for every stand and the finger pointing never really saw the value in either.i use skeet and quarter for sporting.sportrap and obviously skeet.up to now have not found a target that did not break using them.cartridge choice is 28 grm velocity. 

This sport has more myths than any other sport I've ever been involved in.

I think one reason for this is, potentially, because it's a sport in which placebo counts for a lot more than usual. It's such a mental game that if you introduce anything that gives you a big boost in confidence, it's highly likely to help you perform better.

I think that one of the myths is saying, "It's a mental thing."  Saying that it's mostly in your head, covers/hides a lot of things, including, "I'm just a crap shot."

Latest posts

Back