Calton Moor Ranges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartynB

A Change is as good as a rest . With my shooting buddy we took rifles down to Calton Moor Range , a 100 miles each way from us but well worth the trip . We hired both of the under ground 100 yard tunnels for 2 hours , and off we went . £60 well spent . 

A great facility to see what you can do with a rifle . We had .22rf subsonic  ( you can almost have a cup of tea between pulling the trigger and the bullet strike )  ! ,  17HMR , .223 and .308 .  The target is displayed on a video display next to the shooting point . 

Well worth the trip . Pic is my buddy . Bottom is  strikes shown on the video display . 

C20C5B08-9C3F-44AB-8A4B-EDB91C889D9A.jpeg

2A961A11-F48D-4DAC-ADB9-40F80C4912CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s brilliant . You can zero the rifle in perfect conditions . Totally still air , perfect light on the target , absolutely solid bench , and heavy duty bags supplied to rest the rifle . You can shoot sitting as per the picture , standing , freehand or off sticks , even prone if you must . My buddy has an immaculate Sako .308 stalking rifle . Even with the fitted sound moderator , the boom and recoil leave you grinning like a Cheshire Cat .

Back