Bywell Weekend

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V8 90

Not long now boys & girls !! I'm Squadded 11.45 both days - perhaps meet some of you up there :)

Not doing it this year but i wish you the best of luck apart from no covers it remains a great shoot. Do not under any circumstance enter the gun room, i did two years ago for a can of oil and came out with a eell and much lighter pockets :)

Well rob me old mate don't say i didn't warn you.

Some lovely stuff in there into the re mortgage area of things so10 matched pairs and the some P and K stuff but there not as interesting as the B stuff, ha.

Hope weather is ok as you get very wet oop north with no covers, great ground great shoot have fun.

Ps

say hello to Allan henrys (ground owner) little dog "betty" for me lovely little thing usually comes to caravan to say hello then we cant get rid of it :)

You'll be spending your winnings from the Krieghoff Rob ;) - I'll catch up with you sometime Sat morn between your Squad & mine

I'll have a peep in the Gunroom too but a ips says B guns - Brownings of course - are much more interesting ;)

I could be tempted with 1 of those new B guns that are sponsoring the weekend :) :)

I expect a full shoot report from you guys preferably an interim report sat eve, good luck.

I hope you two have taken yer willies, just seen weather report, urgh :)

I hope you two have taken yer willies, just seen weather report, urgh :)
I suspect they will definitely be taking their willies! Probably best to take their wellies along as well!!
Smilie

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
My Willies with me at all times !! I'm not taking my wellies though - I always wear goretex boots for shooting - they're ready to be loaded in the car along with my wet gear etc - we're heading North around 16.30, A1 Friday afternoon ahead !!!!!!

Can't wait to get on peg 5 at 11.45 tomorrow & Sunday - sun, rain whatever :) :)

Well shot rob

5th in B in his 1st english open, excellent result.

Just back home from a "sobering" weekend at Bywell - Stuggled with everything yesterday for my lowest score to date. Today the weather was a bit kinder - still got soaked but it was a short sharp (very heavy) shower.

Overall I enjoyed my first visit to Bywell - I didn't like the waiting though - Saturday's 100 took over 3 hours to shoot !! Today was better - only took 2 1/2 hours.

Glad you enjoyed it 3hrs at a major trap event is good going my friend, you get used to it.

I blew it on the first layout yesterday missing 5 full birds & then the heavens opened !!! - like you say - I'll get used to the waiting ! I've leant a lot over the weekend so all in all it was well worth it ;) another thing about the weekend - I think I've fallen in love - with a Blaser F3 supertrap !!!

Glad you enjoyed it 3hrs at a major trap event is good going my friend, you get used to it.
3 hours is bloody good going at a registered event in my experience !!
Recent 50 target ABT registered took best part of 5 hours plus from start to prize giving!

Maybe it's different for DTL as there are more layouts?

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
Must mention Paul chaplow over the 3 days his scores 299 299 300 awesome shooting

Just read it on Facebook - awesome achievement !!

3 hours is bloody good going at a registered event in my experience !!

Recent 50 target ABT registered took best part of 5 hours plus from start to prize giving!

Maybe it's different for DTL as there are more layouts?

DT
Absolutely.

100 ot today started 10.20 finished 14.30 and that's a standard reg comp. 3hrs for a major is quick.

Latest posts

Back