Barrel Weights for Browning (525) GP Sporter

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Bartlett

Does anyone know if there are any Barrel Weights available for Browning shotguns. I need in increase the weight at the muzzles due to major alterations to the stock ie adjustable butt plate and a 2" extension.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had real trouble getting barrel weights for one of the Perazzis. In the end Tim Greenwood made it.

Ask Becky at Edgar Brothers....she sent me info but it was no good for Perazzi. Might be ok for Browning.....I cannot remember what they looked like now. It was earlier in 2013.

No issues with PSHQ europe... I've ordered a couple of times... quick delivery, good prices.

Stephen who owns PSHQ Europe is a very decent bloke, he sponsors me with anything I need from his web site, his service is very good and reliable and excellent prices too  just tell him Ian sent you and he'll look after you. 

Found these in a quick search, I have no experience of ordering from them though!!

http://www.pshqeurope.com/browning-weights.aspx
Nearly did not get that type off the barrel....just saying

Zoli had a great balancer with a spring idea which could fit in the barrel vents...just what I was looking for....but only for their barrels.

I am still looking for a weight that can be fixed by going through the vents.

If anyone finds one.....please let me know tooooooo.

Does anyone know if there are any Barrel Weights available for Browning shotguns. I need in increase the weight at the muzzles due to major alterations to the stock ie adjustable butt plate and a 2" extension.
Depending on how much weight you need to re balance the gun, some gunsmiths will take wood from inside the stock to compensate for the extra hardware fitted. You can also have lead fitted to the barrels inside the forend, most good gunsmiths can sort such issues out. Who did the fitting of the plate and extension? Did you ask them to re balance the gun when they did the work?

Nearly did not get that type off the barrel....just saying

Zoli had a great balancer with a spring idea which could fit in the barrel vents...just what I was looking for....but only for their barrels.

I am still looking for a weight that can be fixed by going through the vents.

If anyone finds one.....please let me know tooooooo.
This would be my ideal solution too so if anybody know please post it here. I have seen that Krieghoff do some for their K80 Parcours game gun to increase the weight for clay shooting that fit into the vents. I'll give them a call to see if they will fit other makes, don't see why not.

http://www.krieghoff.co.uk/parcours-barrel-weights.html

Depending on how much weight you need to re balance the gun, some gunsmiths will take wood from inside the stock to compensate for the extra hardware fitted. You can also have lead fitted to the barrels inside the forend, most good gunsmiths can sort such issues out. Who did the fitting of the plate and extension? Did you ask them to re balance the gun when they did the work?
Yes i did ask him to do this but it seems to have missed missed but in his defense i did want the gun to remain light and he has removed as much weight as possible from the stock end. 

This would be my ideal solution too so if anybody know please post it here. I have seen that Krieghoff do some for their K80 Parcours game gun to increase the weight for clay shooting that fit into the vents. I'll give them a call to see if they will fit other makes, don't see why not.

http://www.krieghoff.co.uk/parcours-barrel-weights.html
I have just rung Krieghoff UK and they say that they don't stock these weights as the set only weighs 40 grams and they are £70! He says that self adhesive lead tape is the way to go. Cheap and heavy and can be stuck between the barrels in a little or a much as you require. If applied under the forend it is invisible too :)

I have just rung Krieghoff UK and they say that they don't stock these weights as the set only weighs 40 grams and they are £70! He says that self adhesive lead tape is the way to go. Cheap and heavy and can be stuck between the barrels in a little or a much as you require. If applied under the forend it is invisible too :)
Sounds like a plan mate!!!

Sounds like a plan mate!!!
I'l give it a go just hope that i can apply enough to get the balance back or it is going to have to be a big clamp on weight instead. I have ordered some which should be here this week so i'll have a play :) thanks to everyone for your help and advice. 

I'l give it a go just hope that i can apply enough to get the balance back or it is going to have to be a big clamp on weight instead. I have ordered some which should be here this week so i'll have a play :) thanks to everyone for your help and advice. 
The easiest plasce to get the stuff may be from a glazing shop, they use it to stick onto glass to make fake leaded windows. I think B&Q used to sell it too.

You could also try stick-on weights that are used on aluminium wheels. They come in different weights, are fairly slim and should be better to fit under the forend.

Yes the stick on lead works well but remember if your gun gets a soaking any time...take off and dry out before putting more on ....you do not want rusting behind the lead because of trapped water. That is what we do here anyway....but only if you get soaked on a really bad day.

Yes the stick on lead works well but remember if your gun gets a soaking any time...take off and dry out before putting more on ....you do not want rusting behind the lead because of trapped water. That is what we do here anyway....but only if you get soaked on a really bad day.
Thanks Nicola, i really hadn't considered that! Good job i have bought a roll of it and i was wondering what i was going to do with the rest of it. Now i know :)

The lead on my miroku sits in between the barrels but is stuck on to the fore end, eliminates any problems with water getting behind the lead if stuck to the barrels.

The lead on my miroku sits in between the barrels but is stuck on to the fore end, eliminates any problems with water getting behind the lead if stuck to the barrels.
Mine was too.....and once on i just left it. But get a soaking ....and you really need to take a look.....trust me....I am a female :wink: we are always right.....I never bothered until i was told to check. I have remembered it ever since, especially after a very wet game day where you are not back until late.

Latest posts

Back