Back at it after a break..

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonSkeet2

Well today I decided to head to Bisley to shoot some skeet, i have only shot 1 round since the British Open where I shot my second worst regd score ever so have taken a few weeks off to lick my wounds.  I was gutted as it was at my home ground and C class was won on 94... My PB was 93 until the weekend before where I shot 95 & 96 in practice.... AND then shot 78!!! at the open grrrrrFirst round was OK, straight to 4 then dropped one grr, ended up on 45ex50 which was better than I expected after the layoff, wind, changes to the LOP of the gun and shooting in a fleece.Anyway, time to get back on the Todd Bender DVD's but now looking forward to my second ever regd ESP at Wyle tomorrow.Jon.

Just shoot em Jon. I was there when you did the 96 in our mess around and you did it effortlessly.Once you start thinking about it you will not shoot smoothly......that split second of 'making sure' totally f**ks the swing and the score up. Relax and shoot with the 'Force'!!/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

If you keep on the fags - you'll be able to say 'use the force' and then wheeze like Vader.

jonskeet, what do you feel about the Todd Bender dvd's? I have the full set, and I've watched them dozens of times, can't say my shootings improved though.. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif

I know people who has spend £££'s on lessons from Todd when he comes over, I have to say I don't know the fella well, but he has a good reputation, One of the best skeet coaches I know is a fella called Dave who used to rock up at Northampton sg now and again, I'll get his full details and get back to you. He watches you shoot a few rounds then gets to work on you, I asked him to come down to the Bucks County skeet team get together a few years ago at Northampton and he coached the whole squad for a donation to his chosen charity.

WelshKen said:

Do you mean Dave Beardsmore???
No mate but I know of Dave, he is the brother of my mate Alan Beardsmore, this fella is from the bucks Northants area, lovely guy and a great skeeter. He is retired from comp shooting now and must be in his late 60's, goes everywhere with his wife. I forgot to ask about him so will make a few calls to get his name.

Back