Adding forward weight to a miroku

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Hi folks, can anyone on here give me some advice on how to add weight to the front end of my miroku?

I'm flashing past the closer stuff, also the gun is slightly back heavy due to adjustable comb set up

Your comments would be appreciated

Thanks Rupert, does that sit under the for end, or anywhere along the barrel ? Do you want to sell the one you've got ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Any where on the barrel,it does make a significant difference as its so far forward.Other methods are available using lead flashing within the fore end, I would sell it £25 posted

Hi folks, can anyone on here give me some advice on how to add weight to the front end of my miroku?

I'm flashing past the closer stuff, also the gun is slightly back heavy due to adjustable comb set up

Your comments would be appreciated
Hi Ashley,

If you're flashing past closer or any target for that matter, a more organic method is to alter your address point a bit further out from the trap and target path.

It's a perfectly valid wish to want to experiment with different balance and barrel weights but once you're decided on a given set up you'll probably still benefit from minor adjustments to hold points. It can be incredibly revealing and helpful at times. 

Also remember a heavier barrel may well retain even more momentum and so end up still in front. 

And move your hand further up the forend.

Don't put weights on the end :laugh: trust me ...I am a girl.

Weights are def not the answer, if your gun is stock heavy, remove some wood from the stock, take the pad off and drill a hole.

this is a trial and error method, but it will give you a spot on balance, it may take a couple of removal sessions,

If you over do it, get some lead, or fishing weights and tape to back of stock until correct balance is acheived, then in a peice of scrap wood drill a hole using the same bit, you used on your stock, then melt in the lead and leave to cool. You now have an exact sized bung for the stock, place it in the hole and refit pad and check balance, you may need to move it back or forward in the hole, once done bond it in

If you take your time, in the removal stage, an exact balance can be achieved, I have just got a Franchi which someone has balanced and over bored, so they have used dowel to make up the weight, as white wood in general, is lighter than walnut.

I'm with hamster. More likely to be the way you are shooting them (too much gun speed) as opposed to the tool in question

A few years ago, I could not hit a close rabbit for love nor money. Just could not see that I was in front every time (this is a common problem and I watched it loads yesterday). The cure is not in the gun, it's all in the method. By all means get a gun balanced so that it feels great to you, but then the method is the answer.

Hi Ashley,

If you're flashing past closer or any target for that matter, a more organic method is to alter your address point a bit further out from the trap and target path.

It's a perfectly valid wish to want to experiment with different balance and barrel weights but once you're decided on a given set up you'll probably still benefit from minor adjustments to hold points. It can be incredibly revealing and helpful at times.

Also remember a heavier barrel may well retain even more momentum and so end up still in front.
agree with that Hamster!! Should of read further posts!! Haha!! ☺️

Thank you all very much for your response, hamster, ed, will, thinking about it your probably right in the fact that it's the method and hold points,

I have had the gun about 12 weeks now and was in B class at the time, shot it really well for the first 6 weeks or so ( regularly mid 80s on any ground I went to, with the attitude that as long as I shot reasonably well I would probably be placed.

Gone into A, and apart from 1 decent score I seem to be struggling, mainly on the closer slower stuff.

I think maybe I'm reading to much into the target and very conscious that I really can't afford to miss to many if I'm going to be up there at the end, I must add that I certainly don't shoot for the money, (do any of us ) but admit that I've always been quite competitive in all the sport I've done throughout life ( county cricket,football, table tennis, and shooting).

I've never had a problem with this kind of target before ( even when in A a few years ago )

Maybe I'm feeling a bit of subconscious pressure from some of the guys on the circuit who shoot for the welsh team to make a score

As I've tried to qualify now for the last 3 years, narrowly missing out a couple of times

Anyway all your comments have been taken on board, and I think I will try to at least balance the gun on the hinge pin, it shouldn't be a lot because when the recoil pad is removed it balances spot on.

Once again thanks all for your input

This might help and costs nothing to try.

All close slow stuff like rabbits low crossers quartering mount behind it and pull the trigger.

See if that works.

Back