30" or 32" barrels - Miroku MK38 trap gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darylt66

Been searching for a Miroku Mk38 trap grade 5 shotgun for awhile and now one has come up that meets most of my criteria (Teague chokes, lovely wood, only a few months old). The only criteria that it doesn't  meet is barrel length - the gun is 30" and I was hoping to buy 32". The gun will be used mainly for sporting clays and the occasional duck/pheasant shoot. Would welcome opinions from forum users on the advantages/disadvantages of 30" versus 32" for my proposed use. Also do barrel lengths have any impact on resale value?

Many thanks 

Daryl

The main difference between the two is the speed of swing the 30inch will handle much quicker, it depends on the size of you if you are tall or bigger build i would say the 32inch would be better. As for re-sale the 32 will get a better price and would be sold quicker than a 30inch

Been searching for a Miroku Mk38 trap grade 5 shotgun for awhile and now one has come up that meets most of my criteria (Teague chokes, lovely wood, only a few months old). The only criteria that it doesn't  meet is barrel length - the gun is 30" and I was hoping to buy 32". The gun will be used mainly for sporting clays and the occasional duck/pheasant shoot. Would welcome opinions from forum users on the advantages/disadvantages of 30" versus 32" for my proposed use. Also do barrel lengths have any impact on resale value?

Many thanks 

Daryl
If you were hoping to buy a 32" then wait because all your criteria can be met soon enough. I have to disagree that size has anything to do with barrel length suitability, it might for the very young but evidence shows experienced shooters tend to go with 32" regardless of size, height, build or sex for that matter. 

i have a Miroku MK38 trap with 32 inch barrels , i mainly use it for DTL and ABT and for me it just felt more comfortable in my hands . im 6ft 5 and a very big build , and i found that the 30inch barrels just felt small to me . i know others have said size of the shooter doesn't matter and it probably doesn't but any time i pick up a gun with 30 inch barrels it feels small to me . that said its all about whats comfortable to you and what fits you . i had the same issue when i was buying mine . there was a 30 inch grade 5 going for sale privately near me and a 32 inch grade 1 from a dealer . i went with the 32 inch in the end because it just felt better to me 

that being said i would have thought for sporting and game shooting the smaller 30 inch would be more suitable as they would handle quicker . 

as for resale . 32 inch tend to hold value better , at least around me . 

Either way you wont go wrong the MK38 trap is a superb clay gun

I've had several in both 30 and 32. Yes the 30 handles quicker, but even th the 32 is not slow! Brilliant Guns!

If you were hoping to buy a 32" then wait because all your criteria can be met soon enough. I have to disagree that size has anything to do with barrel length suitability, it might for the very young but evidence shows experienced shooters tend to go with 32" regardless of size, height, build or sex for that matter. 

You never do agree with anything i say :lol:

Back