GlawsterCodger

Sporting Shoots 2020

Sidney Beans
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Doug Pinnegar said:

You've just made me laugh out loud! I'm so pleased your first post on here was to bring back that memory for meย ๐Ÿ˜‚

As it's out in the open now...

When shooting the Churchill Challenge on Saturday I manged to miss EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. of the pink dustbin lids on the scaffolding. I do struggle on being able to see targets that need shooting directly at, so I do end up missing some frustrating ones!

It transpires that the fix was the shoot it from a gun down stance as I was able to separate the bird and the barrels. The result were some spectacular hits (...after the damage was already done to my card)

ย 

After the laugh we had over it at the time, when I saw your comment I couldn't help it! Popped my shootclay cherry ๐Ÿคฃ

I went & shot the challenge twice today on my own as I felt I wanted to give it another go before we went into lockdown. Lucky I went today and didn't leave it till tomorrow.

You'll be happy to know I saw off all the pink bin lids haha.

Put in 71,72 & 74 in C Class so should have placed hopefully.ย 

Edited by Sidney Beans
Typo

jasper
Posted (edited)

Ok. I'll have a pop at Sian's suggestion. I'd like to take you all back to the 2018 English open at AGL. So we'll go back two weeks before if I can. Drilled through my thumb at work. Right through . Then ripped the drill out through the side.๐Ÿ˜. You can't really comprehend just how sharp a carbide drill is until you got one through your digit .ย  And then it swells up like a balloon with infection. Was properly tender. ๐Ÿ˜ซ Great preparation. Funnily enough me friend, who was booked on with us , tried to take his fingers off with a lawn mower the week before. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ .Heย  had to give up his place . I soldiered on . Tried to shoot garlands the week before AGL with not much success. So a bit of a quandary. Give up my spot or have a go. Decided to have a go. We arrived at the ground on Saturday with reports of tough targets ringing in our ears. Met up with some of our squad , shot the pool shoot ,terribly. So off we go to the main event quite low on confidence. Straighted the first two stands . Then to the first card killer 3 monster battues. 4 away . Ouch. Straighted next. Then onto five . Quartering away rabbit and that nasty low right to left. Scraped a four here I think. Then the rain starts . Can things go more wrong.ย  I'll jump now to stand 8 . Which had another absolutely massive left to right battue. Straighted that. Phew. Hard work. Turns out there were only 3 straights all week on that stand. So the rest of the round was ok.ย  ย A couple away until 11 I think. Which had a couple of tasty targets as I recall. Think maybe managed half here. Did ok on the rest until the last stand Which was on the platform with two close targets beneath your feet. Thought I had done quite well and would have fair score. Then dropped two here .grrrrrr. So off we trot to the clubhouse for a look at the scores. At this point the big boys were around the 106/107/110 ex 120. Then a 114? Pops up. Incredible. So maths not being a strong point.ย  I adds up me cardย  on the blurry photo on me phone about 15 times..... 102.ย  What if for a couple of sloppy misses. Anyhow The 102 actually won A class for me.

Happy days.ย 

Jasper.ย 

Edited by jasper
  • Like 2

Jonny English
2 hours ago, jasper said:

Ok. I'll have a pop at Sian's suggestion. I'd like to take you all back to the 2018 English open at AGL. So we'll go back two weeks before if I can. Drilled through my thumb at work. Right through . Then ripped the drill out through the side.๐Ÿ˜. You can't really comprehend just how sharp a carbide drill is until you got one through your digit .ย  And then it swells up like a balloon with infection. Was properly tender. ๐Ÿ˜ซ Great preparation. Funnily enough me friend, who was booked on with us , tried to take his fingers off with a lawn mower the week before. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ .Heย  had to give up his place . I soldiered on . Tried to shoot garlands the week before AGL with not much success. So a bit of a quandary. Give up my spot or have a go. Decided to have a go. We arrived at the ground on Saturday with reports of tough targets ringing in our ears. Met up with some of our squad , shot the pool shoot ,terribly. So off we go to the main event quite low on confidence. Straighted the first two stands . Then to the first card killer 3 monster battues. 4 away . Ouch. Straighted next. Then onto five . Quartering away rabbit and that nasty low right to left. Scraped a four here I think. Then the rain starts . Can things go more wrong.ย  I'll jump now to stand 8 . Which had another absolutely massive left to right battue. Straighted that. Phew. Hard work. Turns out there were only 3 straights all week on that stand. So the rest of the round was ok.ย  ย A couple away until 11 I think. Which had a couple of tasty targets as I recall. Think maybe managed half here. Did ok on the rest until the last stand Which was on the platform with two close targets beneath your feet. Thought I had done quite well and would have fair score. Then dropped two here .grrrrrr. So off we trot to the clubhouse for a look at the scores. At this point the big boys were around the 106/107/110 ex 120. Then a 114? Pops up. Incredible. So maths not being a strong point.ย  I adds up me cardย  on the blurry photo on me phone about 15 times..... 102.ย  What if for a couple of sloppy misses. Anyhow The 102 actually won A class for me.

Happy days.ย 

Jasper.ย 

I thought it was an excellent shoot, heard quite a few complaints of how hard it was, but we thought it was just right for a major championship. Nice ground as well and nice and central in the country.

jasper

Well through me rose tints it was superb.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Jasper.