Sporting Shoots 2020

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just home from AGL. Another enjoyable shoot, slightly marred by 40 minutes standing around because of a breakdown on Stand 10. Good mix of targets, some closeish quick stuff along with a couple of targets that needed a big gap, especially the lr in the grouse butt. I totally screwed up the sim pair on stand 5, but did OK on most of the rest of it and particularly pleased with a 6 on the grouse butt stand. Finished on 78.
Good to see you today. I continued with another poor day at AGL, still pushing in front of stuff. Maddening. Dropping one clay on 7 stands shows tattyness  too. Oh well, form will return at some point I hope. 

Gunsite today, after overnight heavy rain & mega winds was really pleased to be greeted with clear skies, low bright sun, pleasant bit of warmth and just a gentle breeze . As shoot was a re arranged affair & lots in T4 confinement entry even for first thing looked quiet. Squad of five walked round by ref, had a good start only for my wheels to come off on a Simo pair where I didn’t think I was getting a fair target due to repeated distractions, the ref didn’t agree. Day didn’t get any better as wouldn’t engage with ref as confidence in him gone. Not saying my card would have been any better than it ended, it most probably wouldn’t have been, but my mood was of annoyance and it’s not what I want from a day out. Day went even further south when left boots behind, thankfully found and now stored at clubhouse so 🤞 COVID permitting we will be reunited in couple weeks when I return. 

Lesson for this old dog is to park poor stands how so ever experienced. 

You should have stood your ground Rich, didn’t any of the squad say anything ??

On the brighter side at least you went shooting, as we’re in tier 4 it looks like my planned outing to coleys in mid January and Barbury in February may well be cancelled 😡 

Latest posts

Back