Pro Ferrum gun oil?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I haven’t investigated many of the new magic products. I really can’t see this all-in-one product concept either. You clean a gun with a product (Napier spray) then you remove the now dirty substance. Once the gun is clean, you apply clean oil and /or grease. People often remark about my “new gun” then I tell them it’s years old..

Personally I haven’t investigated many of the new magic products. I really can’t see this all-in-one product concept either. You clean a gun with a product (Napier spray) then you remove the now dirty substance. Once the gun is clean, you apply clean oil and /or grease. People often remark about my “new gun” then I tell them it’s years old..
Cheers Will, any recommendations on what oil to use? I guess Napier spray is what you’d recommend for a cleaner?

Cheers Will, any recommendations on what oil to use? I guess Napier spray is what you’d recommend for a cleaner?
I’ve used it for years. Easy to use, not messy, does it all. (Not on wood obviously.. ) Spray some down the barrels. Push paper through. Spray a bit on to a cloth and wipe the action, breech face and hinge points etc. Use something pointy (a McDonald’s wooden tea stirrer sharpened at one end) to push a bit of paper into and around ejectors and hinge areas. Then I just use a little gun oil (any make) and smear it around the action etc before reassembly. Maybe a touch of grease where the lock up is. Simple as that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.gwct.org.uk/pro-ferrum-gun-oil-protects-guns-and-prevents-rust/

anyone use this at all? Looking for an all in one gun cleaner, lubricator. Any suggestions please for O/U cleaning and maintenance?

TIA, John.
I did buy a tin - there is a thread on here somewhere.:

1) It's REALLY expensive for a small tin

2) As a fouling remover its easily the best product I have ever used - just a little squirt (pun resisted) in each bore and leave for a couple of minutes - the bores come back unmarked/perfect.

3) It does seem to 'cling' to the load bearing surfaces of my 828U Sport better than normal gun oil.   Will use it sparingly as a bore cleaner I think.

Well I took a filthy gun to the range today shot 50 Jockers through it and now it’s spotless 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Latest posts

Back