Sign in to follow this  
Hamster

Velocity + 8's

Hamster

I've been using their 7.5's for a good few months now since dropping Eley Superbs due to rising costs and excellent they are too so was very happy to hear Gamebore are said to be starting to offer these in 8's which have always been my favourite. 

• Like 4

Will Hewland
3 minutes ago, Hamster said:

I've been using their 7.5's for a good few months now since dropping Eley Superbs due to rising costs and excellent they are too so was very happy to hear Gamebore are said to be starting to offer these in 8's which have always been my favourite. 

That’s great news. Will certainly try those as I’ve used the 7.5s when in need, but want 8s. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

schmokinn

I note they are bringing out NEW 26grm Hyper Velocity as well ...do you think they just noticed the Hull Superfast?

I am sure it will be brilliant no longer will we have to worry just about shot size also the exact grammage...i.m sure it is going to make a massive difference!

PP
1 hour ago, schmokinn said:

I note they are bringing out NEW 26grm Hyper Velocity as well ...do you think they just noticed the Hull Superfast?

I am sure it will be brilliant no longer will we have to worry just about shot size also the exact grammage...i.m sure it is going to make a massive difference!

Better for recoil whimps like me (although I only use light guns) and a good step between 28 and 24g high I normally use, I will be keen to try in fibre if the price is less than Evo

Edited by PP
  • Like 1

DavidJ

What we all need to known is the price. If pitched just right then 26grm could become the normal.

I've been thinking of a change to 24grm but with this offering maybe I'll go with these.

Jonny English

I too will be keen to try the 8's, all they need to do then is put them in a clear case, the grey and black cases have always looked a bit poor.

I think the hyper velocity are only going to be a temporary load while stocks last, so looks like they are testing the market with it.

Edited by Jonny English
  • Thanks 1

chippy

Ive heard that the Hyper velocity are so fast its possible to shoot behind a 40 yard crosser and still hit it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

westley
23 minutes ago, chippy said:

Ive heard that the Hyper velocity are so fast its possible to shoot behind a 40 yard crosser and still hit it.

Still NOT as fast as the 'Superfarts'...................the clay breaks before I pull the trigger,  when using them  !      :angel:

• Like 1

chippy

the superfast's have a very big problem.  they are no good on any clay showing belly as the shot is so fast it goes straight through without breaking it.

• Haha 1

Charliedog

strange different peoples perception of cartridge, the velocity plus is the only cartridge i have felt uncomfortable using due to percieved thumpiness but lots of people find them easy

• Like 1

matt s
3 hours ago, Hamster said:

Have you tried Eley Olympics?much cheaper than Superbs,ive gone back to them from Rio,only ditched them due to the odd misfire that became more frequent.since going back no misfires in 2k,was having  at least three every reg shoot?.Theres something about them that suits my F3,great kills?Just a tad thumpy but imo if you feel it on your shoulder then at least you know there’s a bit of poke coming out the other end.?

Hamster
1 hour ago, matt s said:

Have you tried Eley Olympics?much cheaper than Superbs,ive gone back to them from Rio,only ditched them due to the odd misfire that became more frequent.since going back no misfires in 2k,was having  at least three every reg shoot?.Theres something about them that suits my F3,great kills?Just a tad thumpy but imo if you feel it on your shoulder then at least you know there’s a bit of poke coming out the other end.?

I've used plenty of Olympics in the past, they're dearer than Vel+ and for me not as good, always found the recoil a bit craggy compared to Superbs. 

schmokinn
12 hours ago, PP said:

Better for recoil whimps like me (although I only use light guns) and a good step between 28 and 24g high I normally use, I will be keen to try in fibre if the price is less than Evo

Unlikely as they are quoted as 1500fps same as superfasts which i perceive as a bit kicky only 1gm difference in weight be impressed if you can tell the difference,BUT we will see ;)

PP
4 hours ago, schmokinn said:

Unlikely as they are quoted as 1500fps same as superfasts which i perceive as a bit kicky only 1gm difference in weight be impressed if you can tell the difference,BUT we will see ;)

Quite probably true, I will give them a go and report back.

Slightly off topic, but recoil really is a strange thing, I notice it much more on clays than game and what some people find thumpy others don’t and vice versa.

i definately shoot better with 24g than 28 due to less recoil (I assume) but they don’t inspire confidence as much as a healthy whack from Fblack, Blue Diamond etc..

salop sniper

Does anyone else find with volocity`s that when you shoot into the wind you get a bit of gritty dust back at you (unburnt powder possibly)?

Ive not found it with the Evo`s so have stuck to these. I don`t believe it to be storage as I store them all in the same place and don`t have the issue with any other cartridges.

ATB

Matt

Hamster
26 minutes ago, salop sniper said:

Does anyone else find with volocity`s that when you shoot into the wind you get a bit of gritty dust back at you (unburnt powder possibly)?

Ive not found it with the Evo`s so have stuck to these. I don`t believe it to be storage as I store them all in the same place and don`t have the issue with any other cartridges.

ATB

Matt

I haven't noticed anything like that but I will say that I have deliberately not kept them at room temp which I normally do and still found them to not only function perfectly well stone cold but the barrels have been clean as ever afterwards. 

Blackstar Ninja

So Hammy have you tried the Velocity 8s yet? If so what’s the verdict?

Will Hewland
38 minutes ago, Blackstar Ninja said:

I hope to soon. I would be amazed if it’s not the same recoil as the 7.5 and a slightly wider pattern.. Should be great. 

Hamster
47 minutes ago, Blackstar Ninja said:

Supplies have yet to arrive at the dealer, will see tomorrow morning, I too would be surprised if they're anything other than excellent. 

On a different note Gamebore have started to offer these in 26g loads for nearasdammit the same money which seems odd :mellow:  I'd be interested in peoples views on these if and when they get the chance to try some. 

Bebo

Had Velocity 8s at Sussex Guns this afternoon when I went.

• Thanks 1

Will Hewland
13 minutes ago, Hamster said:

Supplies have yet to arrive at the dealer, will see tomorrow morning, I too would be surprised if they're anything other than excellent. 

On a different note Gamebore have started to offer these in 26g loads for nearasdammit the same money which seems odd :mellow:  I'd be interested in peoples views on these if and when they get the chance to try some. 

Apparently a limited run only. So why even learn to like them?

• Thanks 1

Hamster
3 minutes ago, Will Hewland said:

Apparently a limited run only. So why even learn to like them?

I simply can't see the point at less than a fiver difference, there are already "cheap" 24g loads available, 26g seems such an odd offering and even if the claims of its Hyper velocity are true what exactly is the point or benefit in that especially seeing as it will likely negate any recoil benefits !

Blackstar Ninja

Probably should have just made a 24g... sod the hyper Velocity and drop the price!

• Thanks 1

Simonix

All they’re going to do is:

1. Do a “limited run” on 26g cartridges. 

2. Tell everyone they were a success. And how brilliant they are.

3. Discontinue the velocity, and sell the 26g carts instead at the same price (saving themselves money on lead in the process!). 

Watch this space.... 🤫

• Like 3

Bebo

Bought a slab of the 26gram Velocities yesterday, the OH wanted to try them.  Gave them a go this morning.  He didn't like them (probably because he didn't shoot well).