Velocity + 8's

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supplies have yet to arrive at the dealer, will see tomorrow morning, I too would be surprised if they're anything other than excellent. 

On a different note Gamebore have started to offer these in 26g loads for nearasdammit the same money which seems odd  :mellow:   I'd be interested in peoples views on these if and when they get the chance to try some. 
Apparently a limited run only. So why even learn to like them?

Apparently a limited run only. So why even learn to like them?
I simply can't see the point at less than a fiver difference, there are already "cheap" 24g loads available, 26g seems such an odd offering and even if the claims of its Hyper velocity are true what exactly is the point or benefit in that especially seeing as it will likely negate any recoil benefits !

All they’re going to do is:

1. Do a “limited run” on 26g cartridges. 

2. Tell everyone they were a success. And how brilliant they are.

3. Discontinue the velocity, and sell the 26g carts instead at the same price (saving themselves money on lead in the process!). 

Watch this space.... 🤫

Bought a slab of the 26gram Velocities yesterday, the OH wanted to try them.  Gave them a go this morning.  He didn't like them (probably because he didn't shoot well).

All they’re going to do is:

1. Do a “limited run” on 26g cartridges. 

2. Tell everyone they were a success. And how brilliant they are.

3. Discontinue the velocity, and sell the 26g carts instead at the same price (saving themselves money on lead in the process!). 

Watch this space.... 🤫
& properly call them HYPE velocity......

Has anyone else got around to trying the 26gm version yet? I'd be interested to know how the recoil compares to the 28gm Velocity and 24gm Evo? Particularly in fibre.

The fibre Evo's are a nice soft cartridge but at £208 a thou they aren't competitively priced.

PM.

Has anyone else got around to trying the 26gm version yet? I'd be interested to know how the recoil compares to the 28gm Velocity and 24gm Evo? Particularly in fibre.

The fibre Evo's are a nice soft cartridge but at £208 a thou they aren't competitively priced.

PM.
No recoil at all that 2gm makes so much difference!!

Being objective and having not shot them...they are faster so that probably increases recoil more than the 2gm reduces it  :blink:

I shot 100 over the weekend. I thought they had a little more punch to them but not enough to put me off shooting them.

I bought 750 plastic and 250 fibre. I've not tried the fibre yet.

I shot 100 over the weekend. I thought they had a little more punch to them but not enough to put me off shooting them.

I bought 750 plastic and 250 fibre. I've not tried the fibre yet.
Shot which ones, the 28g 8 shot? More punch than what?

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot about them. I was taking about the 26gram Hyper Velocities 

I think the rrp on the 26gm fibres is £193. I currently pay £181 for the 28gm version in fibre!

I don't get this whole mega velocity thing. It gives absolutely no advantage but more recoil. Pointless. I laughed when Hull introduced Superfasts but they're obviously popular.

I wish Gamebore had just produced a 24gm Velocity at average speed and at a sensible price. It would have sold really well as a lot of 24gm loads are overpriced.

PM.

I think the rrp on the 26gm fibres is £193. I currently pay £181 for the 28gm version in fibre!

I don't get this whole mega velocity thing. It gives absolutely no advantage but more recoil. Pointless. I laughed when Hull introduced Superfasts but they're obviously popular.

I wish Gamebore had just produced a 24gm Velocity at average speed and at a sensible price. It would have sold really well as a lot of 24gm loads are overpriced.

PM.
I'd be inclined to agree with you regarding the superfast thing. From my (admittedly limited) experience, I just don't see the point of them. I tried them and saw no advantage at all, they were just noisier.

PM.
Correct, the only sensible thing to have done would have been a 24g version offered in 8's to make up for the lost pellet count and make sure it recoiled appreciably less by keeping the MV the same as the 28g version. The price differential should also be noticeable. It's bizarre how the mind of the cartridge manufacturers work at times ! 

The last thou of 28g plastics cost me £184.80 at Churchills and they're not much cheaper elsewhere round here. 

I bought a couple of slabs of the 26 gram Velocity to try, rate up here is £184 a thou.

Nice breaks but they are pretty thumpy. Again not enough to put me off but Mrs P wouldn't like them methinks.

People bought superfast cos they were dirt cheap. Not so now. I'm getting fblu cheaper than these gamebores  and superfast. . Fiocchi prices on the way down.

I won 200 Velocities ....to be quite blunt one of the worst cartridges pattern wise I've shot !! unless they were a bad batch , but on simple going away targets they broke them into 10 or so pieces at 25m , where the Fblacks, Fblues and TT2's vapourised them, out of same choke same gun ,( 1/2 choke Brierly spectrum F3 blaser pro) also tried them on crossers , and longish loopers ....maybe they are designed to open up ? maybe who knows , way better stuff out there for the money ....

Latest posts

Back