You have a huge Euromillions Lottery win - what shotgun / s would you buy?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stick with what I have cheers!
For performance, same here. Too many shells through it to learn another gun now.

I suppose I would get P to make me a matched pair identical to mine in SCO form. (Maybe just a touch more cast off, but that's all)

HaHa----you old tight arse :D :.:

I would not decide until I have tried a few special guns, not to enable me to shoot a hell of a lot better but they may help and of course there is the pride of ownership side of things. I would be looking at the Perazzi and Krieghoff pro range and wait to be amazed.

Phil
Phil, I'm sorry but if you "wait to be amazed" you will wait a long time my friend! Perazzi and Kreighoff are wonderfully engineered bits of kit, but not everyone gets on with them, me included. I have to say that as yet I have never been totally bowled over by any gun, well with one exception! It was a D5G trap owned by an old mentor of mine, it looked stunning and shot very well in my hands, however it's owner shot it far better than I ever did. :D

It would be a custom Krieghoff made and engraved just for me, then I'd shoot at other grounds and just have a couple of traps set up at home just for a bit of practice all on voice activation, did I say a couple, 10 should do it then !!

DT

Doveridge advertise an Olympic Trap Layout
Cheers for that Loler.

Unfortunately they don't appear to shoot OT competitions but might be worth a visit for practice.

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
They do still have OT layouts but not sure I would call them 'Proper'? You have to phone ahead to get them o set it up!

garlands used to be a proper ground with regular comps, etc but it's now a shadow of its former self.

The are no other OT layouts that I am aware of actually on the Midlands (unless you know different?) which is a scandal for an Olympic sport. Nearest ones to me that shoot comps are Beverley, SW2000 and Mid Wales

DT
How fars nuthamstead from you, must be closer than wales???

Wouldn't bother buying an estate, too much like hard work. Farming it, managing the woodland and thats without suicidal pheasants trying their best to die on you before you get a chance to fly them over the guns. Better (and probably cheaper) to buy your days with the added variety that comes with it :)

Guns, I do like the Churchills stuff, but my first love was a pair of Boss 20 bores that one of the guns on the shoot when I was a kid let me shoot on the end of the line one drive, while he retired behind the hedge with his young lady "companion" :.:

Ooh, I might have a dabble with the Purdey Sporter :D
By accident, I had the honour of trying one of these. Fantastic brand, lovely looks. Shame it kicks like a donkey and is far too light. Also, there is some 'classy' finish on the action face, which to an engineer just looks like the feed and speed on the milling machine was set by the apprentice..

Im sure I would buy lots of different guns, the idea of having one or two of the prestige marques custom fitted would be great. Then a whole heap of shooting lessons from one of the best instructors to make the most of it.

What would give me far more pleasure though would be to retire all of my shooting/fishing buddies and take them for custom guns as well. We would have a right old time travelling around each mates prefered factory, changing our minds, copying off each other etc etc. Then I would build us a shooting ground to play in between shooting/fishing trips to the worlds best locations.

I think we call it 'living the dream' :D

Last edited:
When I have unlimited wealth, I will buy Krieghoff and recall all products and destroy them, just to stuff Ed & Ben.

Surely that's what friends are for??

Being very serious, If I ever won a massive amount of money I would give it all away.

Because I have never gambled in my life so have never won anything, everything I have ever had I have worked for, but the richest thing I have is friends, all of who I appreciate.I have been so lucky to have had such a great life and met such wonderful people.

Same little gun, but allow me the time to practice, with all the best coaches out there, I would even try that Yanky fella who's all over you tube, he's funny!

Sent from my iFone using Tapatalk

Ed,

I would gladly give you 20mil, I would even give you an air bubble free in the syringe .

Think he means a syringe with 20 MILlilitres of something with an air bubble?

Last edited by a moderator:
That will kill off our Ed, I we can't av that, I've got loads of questions still to ask the man first..

Ed, I guess would know that I am only being my usual self defensive caustic self.

I wouldn't want to kill Ed off at all really.

But remember Harley that Ed has only limited knowledge, he is after all still only a child. Or so his Mummy thinks.

( What's happened to my piss taking emoticons, Matt?)

Latest posts

Back