You couldn't make it up!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan Powell

Staff member
You've got to hand it to Pilla. Only they could dream up such absolute drivel when it comes to describing a shooting lens.

'Juicing target orange?'

'Waking up the sight picture, as the spectral enhancing curve of this technology is turbo charged!'

High contrast
Medium to low light - grey or white light
60% transmittance

When it comes to juicing target orange, there is no better lens on the market. The 60 Persimmon lens is a high transmittance lens for medium to diminishing lighting conditions and utilizes Pilla/Zeiss high contrast technology. The high contrast persimmon lens is an extremely bright lens. This technology wakes up the sight picture, as the spectral enhancing curve of this technology is turbo charged. We have taken an approach for this lens to increase the saturation of the target color that provides fantastic illumination of the target while crunching the edges of the target. This lens will appear to the shooter as if someone turned on the lights after standing in the dark.

Last edited by a moderator:
marketing is very competitive  so  the sales team have to be inventive , I bet some one somewhere will swear by them , but for some it could mean  a few more kills on the card !

You've got to hand it to Pilla. Only they could dream up such absolute drivel when it comes to describing a shooting lens.

'Juicing target orange?'

'Waking up the sight picture, as the spectral enhancing curve of this technology is turbo charged!'

When it comes to juicing target orange, there is no better lens on the market. The 60 Persimmon lens is a high transmittance lens for medium to diminishing lighting conditions and utilizes Pilla/Zeiss high contrast technology. The high contrast persimmon lens is an extremely bright lens. This technology wakes up the sight picture, as the spectral enhancing curve of this technology is turbo charged. We have taken an approach for this lens to increase the saturation of the target color that provides fantastic illumination of the target while crunching the edges of the target. This lens will appear to the shooter as if someone turned on the lights after standing in the dark.
What complete and utter bollox,  :lol: :lol:  what does that even mean, it's not even English. 

Just how many light conditions and backgrounds are there that we seem to need so many clever solutions. 

I have no shame I will try it if it helps make the orange stay visible in grey or white sky.  Someone whose sponsored is bound to have one to try.

Joking aside, it's a nice lens. Orange targets look good through it. 

If you fancy a chuckle just have a look at the lens descriptions on their website. Who knows what drugs they were taking when they dreamt them up.

Every lens or frame ever produced by Pilla is the best ever, better than the previous ones which were also the best ever, ever thing. 

I bought some Pillas recently, an older style but with the current lens 'tech' that I was able to pick up cheaply since my prescription had altered and I no longer needed prescription lenses in my shooting specs. 

I googled them and saw several videos from around their launch time (only a few years ago) and they all said they were basically a miracle...they could make the registered blind see again etc, etc. 

When I tried to buy an extra lens I made a few calls and most of the retailers I spoke to (not Mr Lyons I must add, who was very helpful) told me they were basically rubbish, old tech and I should sell them on eBay quickly and get the latest ones instead.

Now for me, and my ability they are perfectly good shooting glasses...I do actually like the way they enhance contrast and my vision definitely feels sharper with them on which I reckon is very clever for a non prescription lens ad they protect my eyes.  

I don't want to knock anyone for making a living, in our modern world all manufacturers of consumer goods are under pressure to deliver constant newness or risk falling behind the competition.

I just feel sometimes like the shooting community is being rather milked by the constant 'if you're properly committed to your sport you'll buy these' spiel...

Apologies, I didn't mean to rant....

I don't want to knock anyone for making a living, in our modern world all manufacturers of consumer goods are under pressure to deliver constant newness or risk falling behind the competition.

I just feel sometimes like the shooting community is being rather milked by the constant 'if you're properly committed to your sport you'll buy these' spiel...

Apologies, I didn't mean to rant....
Don't apologise you have hit the nail on the head ! The fact is that there are people out there that believe everything that they are told in an advertising spiel and act accordingly and it does not just apply to shooting glasses ! 

Back