World DTL

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

Hello, a newbie here (to the forum not from shooting)

Over the years I havent shot a lot of DTL (apart from the last year or so to try and get some form back and to get used to a different shooting style due to constant sciatica problems) however as its only a couple of hours away from me this year and I have never shot it before I thought I would have a long weekend away with mrs ips in our motorhome. Anyway the question is this......is anyone going before wed as I would like a report on the condition of the car park / camping field, hopefully it wont be as bad as the EO at Bywell last month which was truly awfull and the first time in 26yrs I have had to shoot in wellies, I felt like a sporting shooter which wasnt a good (if any sporting shooters are reading I am only joking .......not) :)

Thanks in advace and all that.

Last edited by a moderator:
im going every day whether i have internet or not i dont know dont know ifs possible to pm my mobi number thats no problem if you wish

Hi, i usually have internet there no prob. Wont let me do a pm anyway need to have 50 posts before you can...new one on me dont know the reasoning for that. Anyway post a report if you can that would be most helpful. Thanks and good luck

weathers been very hot blue skys no rain grounds very dry no problems anywhere

Many thanks mr perazzi, shall be enroute at 5-30pm wed.

UPDATE

Well as far as I could tell it all went very smoothly so congrats to Arthur and all his staff.

Weather was very nice throughout, clouding over at times but cant complain. Irish contingent shot very well as did the Aussies (very strange style the Aussies have though)

Yours truly shot awfull on thurs then better on fri and sat but the damage was done, finished with a very nicely shot (even if I do say myself) 90/100 UT at another ground enroute home on sunday so wasnt too depressed about poor DTL performance. Before I went I said that the world would be my last DTL shoot.(the occasional DTL has proven to really effect my trap shooting) so now I will concentrate entirely on the faster trap disciplines which I have allways enjoyed more.

Oh.... and the best bit was mrs ips had a chat with the legendary canadian OT shooter "S Nattras" (a very nice lady according to mrs ips) who very kindly signed our world DTL booklet. This will now be framed and hung in pride of place in my office.

I agree, a cracking event and nice to test myself against shooters from across the world. Sadly, I had a wobbly second day with a 294 which cost me in the end.

Never mind, there's always New Zealand in 2014.

Latest posts

Back