World Cup Nicosia - Mens Trap live updates

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long way to go yet, although 4 targets away is a long way back, maybe too far!!

Can someone please explain why there is another set of shooters in the Minimum Qualifying Score section? Their scores do not feature in the main draw so what is the point of them being there? I assume a MSQ shooter could shoot a 125 ex 125 but still not make the finals??

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
my favourite ot shooter Fernandez won ?

Bailon in the medal match, really looking forward to the video.  :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Long way to go yet, although 4 targets away is a long way back, maybe too far!!

Can someone please explain why there is another set of shooters in the Minimum Qualifying Score section? Their scores do not feature in the main draw so what is the point of them being there? I assume a MSQ shooter could shoot a 125 ex 125 but still not make the finals??

DT
There are two MQS spots available for nations who wish to send anyone for international experience, or to achieve the MQS score for that discipline at World Cups only.

This allows a shooter already qualified for the Olympic Games in one discipline, to 'crossover' and shoot another one whilst they're at the event.

Kevin Gill did it in 1996 and Kimberley Rhode did it IIRC in 2008. There are others who've done it too.

There are two MQS spots available for nations who wish to send anyone for international experience, or to achieve the MQS score for that discipline at World Cups only.

This allows a shooter already qualified for the Olympic Games in one discipline, to 'crossover' and shoot another one whilst they're at the event.

Kevin Gill did it in 1996 and Kimberley Rhode did it IIRC in 2008. There are others who've done it too.
Thanks Phil

So does this mean if a Olympic DT quota place shooter also shoots a MQS in another discipline in an event leading up to the Olympic Games they also get to compete in that discipline at the games (assuming of course that the country has not already filled their two quota places)? For example if Scotty shot a MSQ in Trap could he shoot the Trap in Rio, next to Ed (not literally next to)? I assume MSQ Olympic places are only available to already qualified shooters?

All very complicated

DT

Yeah, I thought you would like that, BUT.........he does use a Perazzi Ian! ??
no one is perfect les ?

I like his maverick style to me he is the Ronnie o sullivan of shooting. He is Imo THE most exciting to watch.

Thanks Phil

So does this mean if a Olympic DT quota place shooter also shoots a MQS in another discipline in an event leading up to the Olympic Games they also get to compete in that discipline at the games (assuming of course that the country has not already filled their two quota places)? For example if Scotty shot a MSQ in Trap could he shoot the Trap in Rio, next to Ed (not literally next to)? I assume MSQ Olympic places are only available to already qualified shooters?

All very complicated

DT
Your assumption is correct, I think the crossover can be in addition to the two QP per discipline.

ps

don't get me wrong I enjoy and admire technical shooters such as alipov kostelecky ling etc but Fernandez is a natural flowing style, a joy to watch

Your assumption is correct, I think the crossover can be in addition to the two QP per discipline.
Getting a quota place is the equivalent of book8ng you room at the event. As long as you meet the qualifying score you can enter what you llke. The accomodation and travel has already been paid for and doesn't add to competitor numbers sovthey don't needto build a bigger competitor village etc.

Getting a quota place is the equivalent of book8ng you room at the event. As long as you meet the qualifying score you can enter what you llke. The accomodation and travel has already been paid for and doesn't add to competitor numbers sovthey don't needto build a bigger competitor village etc.
I don't this is right!  There have been cases where the quota place winner has not been selected to go and another shooter considered to be more on form has filled the place.  The quota place is won for the country, not for the individual!

I don't this is right!  There have been cases where the quota place winner has not been selected to go and another shooter considered to be more on form has filled the place.  The quota place is won for the country, not for the individual!
You're right in this and nations don't all select in the same way. Italy has in the past selected at the very last moment and used World Cups in the Games year including the MQS event to make their final pick.

Yes. But once you've been selected by your country, however they do it. And your physically there and your bums on the seat at the games you can also compete  in another.

Say you get alloted the quota place for OT. If you have made the MQS for either or both OS or double trap you can compete in those events as well from what I understand. 

The quota system was put in to cut total competitor numbers at the games. As so many countries now attend and the number of spors have  been included It's impractical and just too expensive for each country to send 3  for each discapline in each sport as they once did.

Robert 

when I was referring to quota place shooter I was referring to the shooter allocated the place at the Olympics, not necessarily the one that won the quota place.

DT

Latest posts

Back