Windrush 10th August

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

Decent weather for this saturdays shoot, ten stands of ten at a bargain £30, can't practice locally for that. Busier than last time out and there was a few on the White Gold, must say that does not tick my box for this year so if anyone else out there shot it and wants to comment then do tell the masses.

Saw Clynt Chipper and the Wiltshire Warbler planning their Bounty Battke, more of that tussle later.

Bumped into Shortlegs, Jason, Tipper and Sleepy Hollow, nice to see you chaps, Shortlegs did well together there what with lots of M4 traffic, should qualify for a entry discount that effort ( only joking Steve)

I didn't shoot this in sequence, this rare for me as I'm bait of a neat numbers man started so at stand 9 let three go after nailing first two pairs, stand 10 had a pair of Simo l/r crossers which I didn't put enough lead on and just didn't learn

Watched three guys shoot 7 and 8 missing about three targets out of 60, I step up and shoot a 7 and a 3!

The 3 was dissaponiting as I just didn't have a scooby doo on a relatively close report r/l crosser that should have been all 5 on the card.

St1, Simo teal and crow, missed first teal but rest clean 9, like to have just stayed here!

st2 report pair of r/l orange crossers, first two pairs good clean kills, then missed the next three, muppetry by yours truly having been "on them" only to plainly go belly up.

St3 oh I think a low l/r orange then a slightly incoming r/l off the cutting a pleasing 8 here

St4 bump! L/r crossing report pair of a rabbit clay then a standard, missed first here pairs by miles, improved slightly for a 3!

St5 a l/r crosser followed by a r/l crosser than at times looked close to the tree, first three targets lived for another day but dragged a 5 here.

St6 by far the hardest stand one felt, tbh there was nothing before this stand that looked "tough" a r/l looper followed by a rapid flat r/l crosser on the bank.

My card at the close looked like a jewellers window 5 stands having a string of 0 where I either didn't have a clue how to read the target from the off or having started well then lost my way.

Now Bounty wise.

My nark ( who shall not be named) tells me that Chipper made a poor start and Clynt stole a lead, Wiltshire Warbler kept the pressure on and it was a tight three way battle right up to the last stand, which was the St6 toughie, Chipper first up missing first clay then cleaning up the rest, next up Clynt dropping a couple to second place and with all to play for it was too much firvthe Wiltshire Warble who badly wobbled even stopping to change cartridges but to no avail and he slumped to third.

Do feel free to correct my target descriptions, I'm not shooting very well so correct target observation might be one of my more obvious errors!

hi everyone a good turnout today of 85 all in , good to see you all 

todays round shot a little tougher than id hoped it would but excellent feedback from shooters 

winning scores 

aa1  c durrant  88 missed 6 pink following targets 

a1 j demulder  84

b1 a griffin  83

c1  c bolas  78

a busy day also on white gold , with some very good shooting in the head to heads 

gold winner  a kartocius

silver winner  b kinch

we are doing another windrush date on a week on thursday with 70 open long range target shoot and another white gold qualifier hope to see you all then 

steve

Shortlegs did well together there what with lots of M4 traffic, should qualify for a entry discount that effort ( only joking Steve)

nice idea there Rich even bloody worse going back two and a half hours to get home ! normaly around hour and fortyish mins

Thought this was a tasty little shoot today.

Managed to get a 7 back on the front today so close to an 8, that stand 6 was the stand that done for me today,and talk about the one away club !! :banghead:

Still another day tomorrow :)

First time for me at Windrush today, great ground and really enjoyed the targets.

Started off ok (for me anyway!) but then really struggled with the longish crossers that required a good bit of leeed, still not really got a lot of experience on that type of target so one to work on! (had better get along to the upcoming 70 long range target shoot!)

Recognised / introduced myself to Jason Mclean from on here… good to have met you Jason…though did occur to me afterwards that you were probably with others from on here but I didn’t think to ask, so apologies I wasn’t being rude!

Also had a go at the white Gold…absolutely loved this and could have quite happily spent the afternoon shooting this again and again, unfortunately had to get back but would have liked to have stuck around for the final (though don’t think I would have been in it as only managed a 14)

At one stage 9 tied on 16 in Gold was the word so that 14 in the lower of the two classes was a top effort, it looked a bit tasty and the odd gust made it even more so

Great to finally meet you Ciren Rich. Keep up the good reports.

A pleasure to shoot round with a good bunch of mates yesterday and thanks for all the support lately. I appreciate it.

Good to see Piers and Charlie G, Clynt etc.

Glad I was not the only one who struggled on the pink following pairs, but well shot Chris D.

I wish more shoots were on a Saturday, seems to be more relaxed for some reason.

Bump into you all soon.

stew :rabbi:

Although I was pretty poor, really enjoyed shooting at windrush. Reg comps are a massive learning curve for me but nonetheless having a lot of fun. Thanks to Gareth, Stew, Jason and Martin for letting me tag along again and for all their advice yesterday.

At one stage 9 tied on 16 in Gold was the word so that 14 in the lower of the two classes was a top effort, it looked a bit tasty and the odd gust made it even more so
true,i shot like a tw*t to leave 8 in the shoot off (4pairs sim teal and chandell from a bit further back).some very good shots only did 16 so 14 in silver was very good aswell. 

Latest posts

Back