Widest patterning cartridge?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Open Chokes 1/4 or 3/8  and good cartridges say FBlacks or pro ones if the clay gets in the way of the shot it will break. I suppose I will get shot down for these comments but that's my observations

Just saying 

All depends on how a particular gun patterns.  CosmicBlue here has a Perazzi that has 1/4 & 1/2 and that patterns really tight.  I hear that Caesar Guerini's pattern tight too.  My friends use Kicks chokes in their Browning Pro-traps and there is nothing out there that half won't hammer.   My 1/4 teagues in my Perazzi are quite open.  Like I say...you need to pattern your gun.

All depends on how a particular gun patterns.  CosmicBlue here has a Perazzi that has 1/4 & 1/2 and that patterns really tight.  I hear that Caesar Guerini's pattern tight too.  My friends use Kicks chokes in their Browning Pro-traps and there is nothing out there that half won't hammer.   My 1/4 teagues in my Perazzi are quite open.  Like I say...you need to pattern your gun.
I thought you were a K-80 man  ? 

I now use a Parcour  1/4 &3/8  Teaque chokes   both very even spread

Just suggesting your using high end cartridges let them work for you 

go give it a try you have nothing to lose use 1/4&1/4

Let us know how you get on 

Dave

I've shot a Perazzi for about 2.5 years now (I think).  

I thought you were a K-80 man  ? 

I now use a Parcour  1/4 &3/8  Teaque chokes   both very even spread

Just suggesting your using high end cartridges let them work for you 

go give it a try you have nothing to lose use 1/4&1/4

Let us know how you get on 

Dave

Really wanted a Krieghoff Parcours.  But after I kept throwing it around like a toy.....I moved to an MX12.  John Jeffries HPX.  Suits me a treat.  Well built.  Feels quality and it has never let me down.  Love it to be fair.  Never contemplated a change at all since I got it.

Figured it out.  I have a Negative choke......It throws a 3ft pattern at 15yds......Its unbelievable! 😎  I feel like Grandpa Joe with a blunderbus now!  How it does that I will never know!  But it does!  

Gun is now set on 2x 5/8ths, with the Blunderbus when need be.  Patterns are brilliant with the Eley Shells I have now moved over to.  

I’m about to send a gun to Teague to be multi choked. I will ask for one of your ‘negative’ chokes !

I’m about to send a gun to Teague to be multi choked. I will ask for one of your ‘negative’ chokes !
In my perazzi, Cylinder is more useful.  It will readily shred out to 20yds.  The negative is good to 15 I'd suggest.  I tried to shoot a quartering rabbit with it at 20 yds and broke it into 2 pieces..........3 times.......and missed the 4th.

So then, I want to shoot fixed chokes. But want to know your opinions on the widest patterning shell, you've come across. 

I'll want them for close stuff as I want to shoot tight chokes. Weight and sh*t size don't matter. Pattern does!
Clever T2 2.3mm - at 20m through 3/8 - beats even their Bior version through my gun:

View attachment 5215

Thats a cracking pattern that is.  I went to Anglo Italian over at Tanworth in Arden.  They've got a delivery of Over 250k shells coming in shortly.

I now shoot Eley however for those interested they've got literally 'Tonnes' coming in.

Back