Widdington shoot(Upavon)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiptop

I see that Widdington shoot(The shooting club, Upavon) restarts 22nd March. :hunter:

Looks like their first registered for this year is in May(Hope Jeremy has had the traps in for a good service) :whistle:

I am still realing from my last visit.

One and half hours at one stand in the corner.

Fifty mins at the bunny stand.

No thanks, until I hear otherwise.

I am still realing from my last visit.

One and half hours at one stand in the corner.

Fifty mins at the bunny stand.

No thanks, until I hear otherwise.
Oh plop. I need to mix it up a bit and thought this might be a good one.. Did you go early Jem?
Trouble is there are fewer and fewer shoots that way and further west..

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh plop. I need to mix it up a bit and thought this might be a good one.. Did you go early Jem?

Granted it was a while ago.

I was one of the first out.

Only time I have failed toi complete a round.

Had to head to Sportrap at 4C's with Lord Pewsey.

Thought so, I have been there a few times but never experienced problems and in fact their scorers are always very polite.  On a warm day I like having my picnic lunch watching the deer.

Its a good ground to shoot at, I think the targets are set by Sean from Gunsite, just there were a few trap reliability problems last year(traps nothing to do with Sean),then its not so good in the blazing sun as the only bit of shade is the little wood at the top end of the course.

Its a good ground will.....targets are usually spot on! Same as any other shoot in terms of breakdowns....think Jem must have been unlucky!

Jeremy  wants the money but he doesent want any work!  It could be and once was a good shoot!

Had a few bad experiences here last year with breakdowns.  Usually the same traps up in the corner of the woods.  I was with Jem at the one he mentioned earlier, but had a far worse experience after that one - took over 3.5 hours to complete one shoot!

Fingers crossed they've done some good maintenance over the winter.  It would be a shame if not, cuz it's a beautiful place to shoot, and only an hour from home.

I have shot there 4 or 5 times a year for the last 4 years and only had a few no birds. The setting

is very good and target quality also high. I believe Sean Ponting sets the layout

Cake and bacon butties not bad either, I will certainly be going back this year.

Jonz

I shot it a few times last year, was great except the bottle neck in the corner, maybe the trap was wound up too tight, bad batch of clays, who knows! I don't! .
Always good for a Saturday afternoon practice and will be back this year to check it out! I would expect that previous problems would be sorted out!
Good facilities too!

Great ground and great staff, the day that the hold ups are all being aimed at yes just bad luck.....
Shaun the sheep from gun site sets the reg days up for them so please be reassured unless any unforeseen loose missiles turn up from the tanks firing on Salisbury plains (like recent weeks) this ground will be one to be at every week practice or reg days there really isn't a ground like this where all types of targets can be found to shoot and play days ... :)

Lee

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I shot it a few times last year, was great except the bottle neck in the corner, maybe the trap was wound up too tight, bad batch of clays, who knows! I don't! . Always good for a Saturday afternoon practice and will be back this year to check it out! I would expect that previous problems would be sorted out! Good facilities too!
yep great place to shoot sporting its the practice bit that lets it down, ok if come sunday twenty odd traps get altered but do they.

Latest posts

Back