Widdington ESP reg.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

My first shoot in AA was today at Widdington (the Shooting Club as was..). I hadn't been there for years, but with Weston cancelled there was always going to be a longer drive to somewhere today..

Superb shoot. Great facilities, lovely landscape, really good targets with a couple of very firm stands / a couple of simple stands / good medium mix for the rest. (I won't do the stand by stand description..)

We shot it in reverse order pretty much (stand 1 then kept to the left so stand 12 next) by the time I had got to the testing high r-l sim pair in the corner, I was only 3 targets down. Really? Gulp.. Dropped another 4 on the r-l pair. Just too good for me.. I dropped another three on stand 3, which was actually my only clumsy stand that I could kick myself for. To finish on a 90 was good for me, especially at an unfamiliar venue, so pleased overall.

I think Richard King banged in a 96, which I can't see being beaten around there, but plenty of big names still to finish after him..

Saw the usual good crowd from here, Martin, Robo, Jennie, Jason, Tom. A great morning!

Very well shot Will, I had a great start but then fell to pieces, always a great shoot at this ground despite my terrible ending I still enjoyed my shooting very much, after watching you shoot today on the stands where we met, I'm surprised you missing clays on stand 3...!
Again though very good shooting for you today, catch up soon :)
Lee

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ta Lee. On stand 3, a clay from the next stand came into view just as I called, so I was a mess on first pair. Then was a bit frustrated and overdid the midi. Hence I could kick myself for this stand. But usually I could kick myself for about 4 stands.. So its progress! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done Will.... you were 3rd in AA when we left.

Will, you have just broken the first rule of shooting in AA, no AA shooter shall opt for 'Birds Only' when entering ANY sporting event. This carries a beer fine, payable at EJ's on the 23rd August at approximately 15:30...
I'll buy you two beers. From the £5 I saved. :)

OK that will be acceptable - be warned though, the fines increase exponentially with this equation:
91194e2f9b0d1a384c34734d91768fcc.png

Which means the next time you commit this heinous crime its 44 beers :biggrin:   

Latest posts

Back