Who's where this Sunday? - 2014 (Sporting version)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was contemplating Four Counties, but changed my mind as its a bit of a trek. Will do it next month.

Going to have a shoot at Mork instead. Never been before but heard its a good shoot.

I was contemplating Four Counties, but changed my mind as its a bit of a trek. Will do it next month.

Going to have a shoot at Mork instead. Never been before but heard its a good shoot.
Had a good day out at Mork. What can I say, it's a great set up for a 'local' club, far better than I was expecting (I am from Wales)

Welcoming bunch, nice club house, good tea / bacon sarnie and 60 good birds over 7 stands. What more could you want.

No sporting on near me this weekend.

So I have booked myself on for 100 reg ESK at SW2000 - what's the worst that could happen?

I hope my sporting friends will find it within them to forgive me...

Review of the shoot!? "Well, there were these two tower things. One had the clay coming out quite low, while the other.."

Review of the shoot!? "Well, there were these two tower things. One had the clay coming out quite low, while the other.."
True Will, but i would suggest its going to be twice as interesting as the DTL registered shoot / report I'm lining up for the following week

Hornet was very good today. Plenty of sloppy misses, so hit 80, well under my average, but not easy overall. Myers on 93, Bunning and Childerhouse on 92 when I left at 1pm. Enjoyed damaging my average. (Could have gone to Horne for numerical reasons but..)

Hornet was very good today. Plenty of sloppy misses, so hit 80, well under my average, but not easy overall. Myers on 93, Bunning and Childerhouse on 92 when I left at 1pm. Enjoyed damaging my average. (Could have gone to Horne for numerical reasons but..)
'but' what? But part of you would like to slip back into A class to shoot the Krieghoff Sporting Masters...

Wouldn't have done you any good it wasn't registered and Mr Hewland looking at your scores for Horne they seem in line with many of your other scores for other shoots
There was a face thing with a tongue poking out but it disappeared :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Southdown early doors , tricky technical I thought . Came alive towards the end (as usual) once I mastered the basic principles ...again . 65 I think . Then on to Horne (near home) Shot like I finished at Southdown . Finished on 87 which was joint first in B when I left . But I won't count my chickens because they have never come home to roost yet .

What wasn't registered ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Judas!!!

Only joking.  :biggrin:

It will do your Sporting the power of good. Enjoy your day. Post your results and a review of the shoot. :biggrin:
Shot this today (Reg 100 ESK) and survived. 

On the whole I enjoyed the experience, and respect to the men / women that shoot this to a high standard.  I was in a squad with 3 internationals and witnessed some great shooting today.

Not having a scooby what the format was, i just went with the flow.  Very different world to sporting. Interesting to see the various styles of the shooters, and the little quirks / ticks that made up their pre-shot routine.  I notice the stance of most was not relaxed, leaning hard into the shot, head clamped on the stock, body twisted, feet looking awkward, very robotic.  I had my usual stance, a-la waiting for a bus, and probably looked a bit camp in comparison.  That said what they were doing clearly worked, they were not missing much.

What did strike me was the noise. The silence was deafening (no talking) this was the most odd part of my experience and probably the bit i struggled with the most.  It was a major difference to sporting (the bit in between shooting) and i just didn't have a plan to deal with that aspect of the shooting (in silence)

Scored 18 + 22 + 19 + 21   to finish 80/100 on my first outing.  Enjoyed it and will do another next month.

(Sorry if this is on the wrong thread) 

Last edited by a moderator:
She asked for ours . Ho well , let's wait and see .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Back